become an editor
the entire directory
only in Quasi-Official/Smithsonian_Institution
Science: Organizations: Regional: North America: United States
- Composed of sixteen museums and galleries, the National Zoo, and numerous research facilities in the United States and abroad.
Arctic Studies Center
- Dedicated to the study of northern peoples, their history and environment. Links, pictures and information.
Center for Education and Museum Studies
- Outreach office of the Smithsonian focusing on museum studies, training, information and professional service.
Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
- Focuses on contemporary grassroots cultures. Festival information, recordings, events, and resources.
Center for Tropical Forest Science
- Promotes and coordinates long-term biological and socio-economic research within tropical forests and forest-dependent communities. Forest management, conservation, and natural resource policies.
Global Volcanism Program
- Seeks better understanding of all volcanoes through documenting their eruptions during the past 10,000 years. A program of the National Museum of Natural History.
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Collaboration between the Harvard College Observatory (HCO) and the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO). Features research, events, press releases, and a review of the facilities.
Kennan Institute for Advanced Russian Studies
- The Institute organizes seminars, workshops, briefings, and conferences featuring prominent scholars and policymakers from America, Russia, and other successor states to the Soviet Union.
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO)
- Astrophysical research facility located in Cambridge, Massachusetts with scientists engaged in a broad program of research in astronomy, astrophysics, earth and space sciences, and science education.
Smithsonian Institution Research Information System
- SIRIS offers an interactive, integrated system applying established national standards to manage, describe, and provide access to research resources held primarily by the Institution's libraries, archives, and research units.
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
- Supports research on basic biological processes in tropical marine and terrestrial plants and animals. Republic of Panama.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- A presidential memorial that fosters scholarship and dialogue in the humanities and the social sciences. The Center pursues work on three interregional, interdisciplinary themes: ethnicity, comparative urban studies, and governance.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 2, 2015 at 16:16:52 UTC -