become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Georgia: Society and Culture: Genealogy
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States
Historical Atlas of Georgia Counties
- Site was developed to allow anyone interested in Georgia history or genealogy to trace the origin and evolution of each county in the state. Information is from Carl Vinson Institute of Government, University of Georgia.
Butts County Historical Society
- Included are membership requirements, events and historical properties.
Captain George Barber of Georgia
- Provides biographical and historical information, as well as quotes from correspondence.
- Select and ensure the preservation and accessibility of government and other information constituting Georgia's recorded history.
- Includes vast range of historic topics from prehistoric Indians, Spanish Georgia, French Georgia, an English colony, the American Revolution to the War of Southern Independence and Reconstruction to Georgia in the 20th Century.
Georgia vs. No. Carolina -The Walton War
- Although today rarely mentioned, this war consisted of two major battles involving hundreds of men.
Historic Marker Across Georgia
- Provides the text, location, GSP coordinates and some photos of over 2,700 markers in Georgia.
History of the Moravians in Georgia
- Detailed history of early settlement of Savannah and surrounding area by the Moravians.
North Georgia History
- Links and resources about the area, from Hernando deSoto to James Oglethorpe, through the War of Southern Independence and Reconstruction, and the present day.
Our Georgia History
- Includes history of the state, biographies, Native American history through the Trail of Tears, American Revolution and Civil War.
This Day in Georgia History
- Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
- A living history 1850 village.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 13, 2015 at 16:02:48 UTC -