become an editor
the entire directory
only in Georgia/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Georgia: Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Georgia: Recreation and Sports: Outdoors
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Appalachia: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Academy of the Environment
- Find out about environmental resources and activities at the University of Georgia. Shown are membership requirements, resources, news and conferences.
American Chestnut Foundation
- Organization working to bring back the American chestnut to the forests of Georgia. Provides mission and membership information.
- Works to protect, promote, and restore the natural ecological integrity of the Chattooga River watershed ecosystem.
Civilian Conservation Corps
- The story of the Civilian Conservation Corps and details about their work in north Georgia.
Geology of Georgia
- Introduction, with numerous illustrations, definitions, and related web links.
Georgia Adopt a Stream
- Encourages individuals and communities to monitor and/or improve sections of streams, wetlands, lakes or estuaries. Shown are volunteer opportunities, resources, materials and a teachers guide.
Georgia Botanical Society
- Dedicated to the study and preservation of Georgia's wild, native, and endangered wildflowers and plant life. Information about newsletter and journal, field trips, and several online articles.
The Georgia Conservancy
- Seeks to improve air and water quality, preserve green space, and provide wild places. Includes calendar of events.
Georgia Exotic Pest Plant Council
- Information about the adverse effects exotic pest plants have on the diversity plants and animals native to Georgia.
Georgia Forest Watch
- Supports restoration, protection, and appreciation of the unique mountain and piedmont landscapes of north and central Georgia. Includes issues information, news of activities and events, and historic photo gallery.
Georgia Interfaith Power & Light
- Seeks to engage communities of faith as stewards of God's Creation by promoting energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy and related sustainable practices. Provides links.
Georgia Museum of Natural History
- Information on the museum, tours, educational programs, exhibits, events and scientific collections.
Georgia Native Plant Society
- Promotes the conservation of native plants and habitats. Information about the society, native plants, events and resources.
Georgia Regional Water Planning and Policy Center
- Provides resources regarding water allocation and water shortage problems.
Giff Beaton's Site
- Guide to the dragonflies and damselflies of Georgia, birding links and information, and other nature topics and photos.
Gray's Reef National Marine Sanctuary
- One of the largest near shore live-bottom reefs of the southeastern United States. The sanctuary is located 32 kilometers (17.5 nautical miles) off Sapelo Island, Georgia and encompasses 58 square kilometers (17 sq. nautical miles) of live-bottom habitat.
Keep Georgia Beautiful
- Works to protect and improve the environment.
- Known across the world as an expert in field herpetology, and a fascinating wildlife interpreter, he is an active and dedicated supporter of a clean, healthy and productive Planet Earth.
Southeast Georgia Wildlife
- Wildlife found in Southeast Georgia, USA
USGS Water Resources of Georgia
- Information dealing with differing aspects of Georgia's water supply from the US Geological Survey.
Wildlife Resources Division
- Information on hunting, fishing, non-game animals and plants, boating.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, January 23, 2012 12:27:07 AM EST -