become an editor
the entire directory
only in Coastal_Georgia/Science_and_Environment
Metros and Regions
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Georgia: Metros and Regions: Coastal Georgia: Science and Environment
Center for a Sustainable Coast
- The purpose of this non-profit is to improve the responsible use, protection, and conservation of coastal Georgia's resources - natural, historic, and economic. Shown are programs, publications, accomplishments and volunteer opportunities.
- The only organization in Georgia whose sole purpose is to address and combat the state's coastal trash problem. Included is a look a typical clean up, event calendar and membership information.
Coastal Georgia Audubon Society
- Events, newsletter, and where to bird in the coastal Georgia area.
Coastal Georgia Land Trust
- Mission is to promote responsible stewardship and preservation of land which has natural, recreational, scenic, historic, or educational value in Coastal Georgia. Included is membership and staff information, news and conservation easements details.
The Dolphin Project
- Established in 1989 a nonprofit, volunteer group engaged in conducting a long-term, scientific study of Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin primarily in Georgia waters. Shown is training information, programs, surveys, FAQs, adopt-a-dolphin information along with news and events.
The Georgia Conservancy
- Conservation of coastal Georgia wetlands, barrier islands and salt marshes. Included are publications, conservation issues, events and management plans.
Gray's Reef National Marine Sanctuary
- One of the largest near shore live-bottom reefs of the southeastern United States. Located 17.5 nautical miles off Sapelo Island, Georgia it encompasses 17 sq.nautical miles of live-bottom habitat. Included is information, education, data, news and underwater photos.
National Data Buoy Center
- Source of meteorological and oceanographic measurements for the marine environment. Includes map and data.
National Wildlife Refuges
- The seven refuges found in Coastal Georgia. Included is information on types of wildlife, flora, climate, location and regulations.
Taylor Schoettle's Naturalist Guides
- Books on the Okefenokee Swamp and the Georgia Barrier Islands. Shown are portions of the guides, author biography, online ordering and contact information.
- Input coastal location to get low and high tide predictions with sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, and moon phase for any time within the next year.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:27:04 PM EDT -