Fitzgerald, Georgia is located 178 miles southeast of Atlanta. Founded in 1895 by P.H. Fitzgerald, who dreamed of a place where union veterans could live out their days in the warm of the south. The streets of Fitzgerald are named for both Union and Confederate generals. The four drives bordering the city are named after battleships - the Merrimac, the Roanoke, the Monitor and the Sultana. The quality of life is excellent in Georgia's "Colony City."
Related categories 2
Last update:December 19, 2015 at 23:51:37 UTC