become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Activism
Society and Culture
- Sponsors educational programs to help prevent the spread of the AIDS epidemic. Also offers services and counsels to people with HIV and their families.
Atlanta Bicycle Campaign
- Promotes bicycle transportation and use, including advocacy and rider education. Membership information, social riding clubs, how to promote better biking.
Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Fights hunger in the metro area by promoting awareness and collecting donations. Way to help, event calendar, resources, directions.
Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership
- Helps rehabilitate very low and low-to-moderate income housing, develop other neighborhood services, and empower community development corporations. Programs, event calendar, resources.
- World-wide non-profit human rights organization, offering news, peace and health program details, press releases, and biographies of President and Mrs. Carter.
Georgia Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League
- Membership information, political action updates, community programs, and related links.
- Promotes a better pedestrian environment for the city. Offers ways to further the cause, program information, and events calendar.
South Atlantans for Neighborhood Development
- Offering all residents the opportunity to participate in improving the quality of life within the community. News, meeting schedule, events calendar, and how to join.
St. Francis' Table Atlanta
- A soup kitchen dedicated to feeding and supporting the poor and homeless. Event calendar, ways to get involved, contact information.
- Protects and beautifies the local environment by planting and conserving trees. Volunteer or make a donation.
United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta
- Promotes change and advocacy for a wide range of issues. Ways to help, make a donation, current programs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 8, 2015 at 8:05:08 UTC -