become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Civil_War
Society and Culture
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War
Castillo De San Marcos National Monument (National Park Service)
- Known as Fort Marion and occupied by the Federals during most of the Civil War, this European stone fortress was built in the late 1600s and has never been taken.
Civil War Bibliography from the State Library of Florida
- This bibliography lists materials related to the Civil War in Florida.
Civil War in North Florida
- Collection of resources mostly related to the Civil War in Wakulla County, Florida. Includes Census records, unit rosters, photos and links.
An Extraordinary American Civil War Shipwreck
- The Maple Leaf was one of the untold numbers of mundane, everyday workhorse steamboats. But that was changed when her wreck, filled with the personal belongings and camp equipment of three regiments of typical Civil War combat soldiers, was found at the bottom of the murky waters of the St. Johns River.
Florida's Role in the Civil War: "Supplier of the Confederacy"
- Short summary of the part played by Florida in the Civil War.
Natural Bridge Battlefield Historic State Park
- During the final weeks of the Civil War, the Battle of Natural Bridge preserved Tallahassee as the only Confederate capitol east of the Mississippi River never to fall into Union hands.
Sons of Confederate Veterans
- Florida Division, Inc.
St. Marks, Fla. -- Some Civil War Action
- An online version of a newspaper article concerning minor Civil War actions in Wakulla County, Florida.
United Daughters of the Confederacy Mattie T. Wright Chapter 2533
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, The Official Website for the Mattie T. Wright Chapter 2533 in the Florida Division.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 7, 2015 at 21:06:04 UTC -