become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Organizations
Learning Disabilities Association of America
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: North America: United States
Reference: Education: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Responsible for the accreditation of post-MD medical training programs within the United States. Accreditation is accomplished through a peer review process and is based upon established standards and guidelines.
American Academy for Liberal Education
- Dedicated to strengthening and promoting liberal education through accreditation and research.
American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Includes news, publications, meetings, teacher preparation information, professional development, and state chapters.
American Council on Education
- Coordinating association of USA higher education institutions.
- An initiative to help combat the dropout crisis in the United States, using local public radio and television stations located in 20 impacted "hub markets" where the dropout crisis is most acute.
American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC)
- Advocating on behalf of individual institutions of higher education that are defined and controlled by their respective tribal nations.
The Association of Teacher Educators
- An individual membership organization devoted solely to the improvement of teacher education both for school-based and post secondary teacher educators. USA
The Broad Foundation
- Works to improve urban public education through better governance, management and labor relations. Includes news, articles, funding information, flagship initiatives and FAQ.
- National educational and scientific non-profit organization created to help minority science and engineering students to achieve academic excellence.
Center for Cultural Interchange
- Exchange program for students in the U.S.A. and 30 other countries. School year and short-term programs are described, including information on how to become a host family.
Center on Education Policy
- The CEP is a national, independent advocate for public education and for more effective public schools.
- National non-profit organization that a helps students in low-income communities harness the power of digital learning to improve educational outcomes.
Chinese School Association in the United States (CSAUS)
- Association of Chinese schools, with information on activities as well as resources for teaching and school management. Site offers English and Chinese Simplified language options.
Communities In Schools
- Championing the connection of needed community resources with schools to help young people learn, stay in school, and prepare for life.
Council of Chief State School Officers
- Nonprofit organization of public officials who head departments of elementary and secondary education provides leadership, advocacy, and technical assistance on major educational issues.
The Education Alliance at Brown University
- Advocates for populations whose access to excellent education has been limited or denied. All projects focus on applied research and technical assistance.
Education Commission of the States
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information about current and emerging issues, trends and innovations in state education policies.
- Serves the Northwest states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. Assessment and program evaluation resources.
Find Out Why
- A new program theme to help the United States develop the science-literate populace that can more ably meet the challenges of the 21st century. From the National Science Foundation.
Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
- Addresses specific issues of Hispanic students pursuing a college degree (USA).
Intercultural Development Research Association (IDRA)
- An independent, non-profit organization that advocates the right of every child to a quality education. Conducts research, develops education programs, and provides training and technical assistance.
Mid-Continent Research for Education and Learning (MCREL)
- Organization advocating standards-based school improvement programs. Includes news, issues information, research findings and curriculum materials. MCREL as the Regional Educational Laboratory and Eisenhower Regional Consortium for Mathematics and Science for the states of Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
The National Academy for Academic Leadership
- Educates academic decision makers to be leaders for integrated institutional change that significantly improves student learning.
National Adult Education Professional Development Consortium
- Provides adult education professional development, policy review and implementation.
National Association of Federal Education Program Administrators (NAFEPA)
- Seeks to increase the effectiveness of federal legislation for local education agencies. Background information, board of directors, newsletter, upcoming conferences, and related links are showcased.
National Association of Federally Impacted Schools
- Organization of school districts from throughout the country concerned with maintaining Federal impact aid funding for schools serving federally connected children.
National Association of Urban Debate Leagues
- Dedicated to expanding debate opportunities among urban high schools. Resources, news, event calendar, and other information about the organization.
National Catholic Forensic League
- Dedicated to supporting high school speech and debate activities for public, private, and parochial high schools in the US and Canada. Features bylaws, manuals, competition events, and local contacts.
National Council of Teachers of English
- Membership is composed of elementary, middle, and high school teachers, supervisors of English programs, college and university faculty, teacher educators, local and state agency English specialists, and professionals in related fields.
National Forensic League
- Oldest and largest debate and speech honor society in the U.S. Includes history, competition events, forms, manuals, and newsletters.
National School Boards Association (NSBA)
- Engages in a public relations program designed to increase public awareness of NSBA, the state school board associations, local school boards and issues directly affecting public elementary and secondary education.
National Staff Development Council
- Non-profit professional association committed to ensuring success for all students through staff development and school improvement.
Pacific Resources for Education and Learning (PREL)
- A nonprofit corporation that helps Pacific schools improve educational outcomes for children, youth, and adults by providing research, development opportunities, training, technical assistance, group facilitation, information resource activities, dissemination, and evaluation services.
The SERVE Center for Continuous Improvement at UNC Greensboro
- An education organization with the mission to promote and support the continuous improvement of educational opportunities for all learners in the southeast United States.
Southern Regional Education Board
- Designed to help state policymakers and educational leaders more easily access the Southern Regional Education Board's information about elementary, secondary and higher education in the Southern states.
The Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL)
- Carries out an integrated program of education applied research and development, information provision, technical assistance, and professional development to improve teaching and learning for all students in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
Standard of Excellence in Teacher Preparation
- The professional accrediting organization for schools, colleges, and departments of education in the United States.
United States Academic Decathlon
- A team competition wherein students match their intellects with students from other schools across the nation.
- National nonprofit research and service agency working with education and human development communities to advance learning opportunities for children, youth, and adults.
World Affairs Councils of America (WACA)
- A network of councils that focus on international affairs and world affairs and also provide educational resources for teachers and students.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 10, 2014 at 11:33:55 UTC -