become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Society and Culture: Organizations
Capitol Region Metro Area
New Haven County
New London County
General Federation of Women's Clubs
Junior Chamber International
National Organization for Women
Computer User Groups
Lions Clubs International
Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
Auto Body Association of Connecticut
- Statewide trade association of professionals dedicated to the advancement of the collision repair industry, through safe quality repairs for Connecticut consumers. Based in Cheshire.
Caring Families Coalition
- Support organization for caregivers to seniors or the disabled. Overview of legislative agenda, newsletter, bulletin board, chat area and information on membership.
Catholic Charities | Archdiocese of Hartford
- Organization overview and explanation of services and locations statewide.
Catholic Charities/Catholic Family Services
- Serving families and individuals of all faiths in Hartford, Litchfield and New Haven Counties with adoption, refugee, youth, childcare and mental health services.
Community Partners in Action
- Criminal justice nonprofit agency with programs that help and support those affected by the criminal justice system.
Connecticut Association For Community Action (CAFCA)
- CAFCA works to reduce the conditions of poverty; contains clearinghouse of reports, data, publications, and websites on poverty-related trends in Connecticut and the US.
Connecticut Association of Nonprofits
- Private, nonprofit trade association of over 515 nonprofit organizations in Connecticut.
Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association
- Provides support and resources for authors through the exchange of ideas and information. Meeting dates and locations provided.
- Connecticut Society of the Children of the American Revolution
Connecticut Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Humanitarian organization offers information on its services and programs, including blood donation.
Connecticut Community Gardening Association
- Supports community gardening in the state by disseminating information, building communities and claiming land for environmentally-friendly use.
Connecticut Food Bank
- Serving Fairfield, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London and Windham Counties. Calendar of events, news, information on donating food or money, how to apply to be an agency, and volunteer opportunities.
Connecticut Humanities Council
- Provides information on the council, its grant programs, teacher resources and cultural and literature programs statewide.
Connecticut Lions Clubs
- Information on projects, Blood Bank, supported organizations, events calendar and membership.
Connecticut Newcomers Club Directory
- Index of clubs and organizations in Connecticut which welcome new neighbors.
Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services, Inc.
- Statewide association of individual sexual assault crisis programs working to end sexual violence through victim assistance, community education, and public policy advocacy.
Connecticut Vegan Outreach
- Meet-up group with information on events in the region.
Corporation for Independent Living
- Connecticut-based nonprofit housing developer which seeks to meet special housing needs in order to help individuals live in non-institutional, community settings.
- Frequently asked questions, news, publications, ways to help, and information on fundraisers.
General Federation of Women's Clubs of Connecticut
- Information about organization and activities, with links to numerous organizations of interest to people looking to volunteer with women's issues.
The Henry Barnard Memorial Fund, Inc.
- Charitable fund that helps retired Connecticut teachers by offering financial and other assistance.
Holiday Wish List
- List of Connecticut nonprofit organizations that help children, families and the elderly, with description of specific needs.
- Services include technical immigration and naturalization counseling, adjustment counseling and representation at Immigration Court.
Lions Club International: District 23-C
- Directory of local clubs in Middlesex, New London, Tolland and Windham counties.
Main Street Community Foundation
- Philanthropic organization that assists donors who wish to build charitable endowments to support the communities of Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington and Wolcott
Make-A-Wish of Connecticut
- Provides children with life threatening illness a special wish. Includes information about referrals, stories, how to volunteer or donate, news, upcoming events, and community programs offered.
Partnership for Strong Communities
- Dedicated to raising public awareness and advancing solutions to end chronic homelessness, create affordable housing and build healthy and economically vital communities.
The Prospect Land Trust
- History, events calendar, contact and membership information.
UConn Alumni Association
- Membership organization founded in 1888 provides information on its programs, travel, in-state and out-of-state chapters, special events and constituent societies. Online gift catalog provided, with discounted prices for Association members.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:24:04 AM EDT -