become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Organizations
Society and Culture
Center for Oral History
New Haven County
Society: History: Organizations: North America: United States
Connecticut Historical Commission
- State agency which identifies, investigates and preserves Connecticut's historic, architectural and archaeological resources.
Connecticut Historical Societies
- Locate address information (including web site links) to historical societies in each county within the state of Connecticut.
The Connecticut Historical Society
- Collections include art and artifacts, graphics, African American art, as well as providing resources for genealogy searches and sponsoring exhibits and events.
- Statewide museum-based historical organization that promotes interest in preserving and interpreting properties and collections of importance to the state's heritage.
Connecticut League of History Organizations
- An association of Connecticut history museums, societies and other organizations that enhances knowledge of state history, promotes professional standards, serves as a network for the exchange of information, and advances historical interests at the state level.
The Connecticut Society of the Sons of the American Revolution
- Newsletter plus information on events, flag etiquette, color guard, contests and chapters statewide.
Connecticut Society of the Sons of the Revolution.
- Organization overview plus information on membership and links to related information.
Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation
- Dedicated to preserving the state's historic architecture, streetscapes, urban neighborhoods and country landscapes. Photographs and details of endangered historic properties. News, events.
Historical Societies in Connecticut
- Alphabetical list, with address and officers.
Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the U.S., Connecticut Commandery
- Veterans/hereditary organization which fosters military and naval science, promotes allegiance to the United States government, perpetuates the memory of those who served and promotes the ideals of President Abraham Lincoln.
Office of Connecticut State Archaeologist
- Provides overview of responsibilities and links to related organizations.
The Order of Founders and Patriots of America
- Background on organization plus information on membership, activities, publications and other state societies.
Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Connecticut
- State chapter of national organization. Objectives, membership requirements, leadership contacts, outline of the state's colonial history, and advice on ancestral research.
The Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Connecticut
- State chapter of national organization which perpetuates the memory of the Pilgrims who traveled to America on the Mayflower.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 6, 2015 at 12:45:05 UTC -