become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Organizations
Society and Culture
Center for Oral History
New Haven County
Society: History: Organizations: North America: United States
Connecticut Historical Societies
- Locate address information (including web site links) to historical societies in each county within the state of Connecticut.
The Connecticut Historical Society
- Collections include art and artifacts, graphics, African American art, as well as providing resources for genealogy searches and sponsoring exhibits and events.
- Statewide museum-based historical organization that promotes interest in preserving and interpreting properties and collections of importance to the state's heritage.
Connecticut League of History Organizations
- An association of Connecticut history museums, societies and other organizations that enhances knowledge of state history, promotes professional standards, serves as a network for the exchange of information, and advances historical interests at the state level.
The Connecticut Society of the Sons of the American Revolution
- Newsletter plus information on events, flag etiquette, color guard, contests and chapters statewide.
Connecticut Society of the Sons of the Revolution.
- Organization overview plus information on membership and links to related information.
Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation
- Dedicated to preserving the state's historic architecture, streetscapes, urban neighborhoods and country landscapes. Photographs and details of endangered historic properties. News, events.
Historical Societies and Museums in Connecticut
- Directory provided by the Connecticut State Library.
Historical Societies in Connecticut
- Alphabetical list, with address and officers.
Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the U.S., Connecticut Commandery
- Veterans/hereditary organization which fosters military and naval science, promotes allegiance to the United States government, perpetuates the memory of those who served and promotes the ideals of President Abraham Lincoln.
Office of Connecticut State Archaeologist
- Provides overview of responsibilities and links to related organizations.
The Order of Founders and Patriots of America
- Background on organization plus information on membership, activities, publications and other state societies.
Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Connecticut
- Organization that perpetuates the memory of Colonial history preceding the battle of Lexington on April 19, 1775.
The Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Connecticut
- State chapter of national organization which perpetuates the memory of the Pilgrims who traveled to America on the Mayflower.
Society of the Cincinnati in the State of Connecticut
- Heredity organization offers its objectives, membership requirements and leadership contacts.
Society of the Descendants of the Founders of Hartford
- Organization whose membership must be descended from an ancestor who settled in Hartford before February 1640.
State Historic Preservation Office
- State agency which identifies, investigates and preserves Connecticut's historic, architectural and archaeological resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 26, 2016 at 20:53:59 UTC -