become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sports/Daniel_Lucius_Adams
Society and Culture
Daniel Lucius Adams
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Society and Culture: Famous Nutmeggers: Sports: Daniel Lucius Adams
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century: People
Sports: Baseball: People: Players
Doc Adams Base Ball
- Official website for information on Daniel Lucius "Doc" Adams, considered to be one of the founding fathers of baseball. Provides biography, photos and information on the effort to have Doc be installed in the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
Base Ball Writers Association of America's Historical Overview Committee: Recognize Daniel Lucius “Doc” Adams as a pioneer of our National Pastime
- Petition to include Daniel Lucius “Doc” Adams on the 2012 National Baseball Hall of Fame Pre-Integration Era ballot for inclusion in the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
Baseball Pioneers: Daniel 'Doc' Adams
- Reprint of interview in The Sporting News of February 29, 1896.
Debate Over Baseball's Origins Spills Into Another Century
- Reprint from a March 12, 2011 article in the New York Times.
- Biographical information from the Society for American Baseball Research.
- Extensive information from Wikipedia.
Doc Adams Finally Recognized As A Founder Of Baseball
- Reprint of September 10, 2011 article in The Hartford Courant.
Doc Adams: World's First Shortstop
- Account of a meeting with the great-granddaughter of the original New York Knickerbocker, with contemporary photo of headstone from cemetery in New Haven, Conn.
Dr Daniel Lucius Adams (1814 - 1899)
- Information from Find A Grave.
Four Fathers of Baseball
- John Thorn, official historian of Major League Baseball, outlines the individuals who were largely responsible for the game becoming the nation's pastime.
Knickerbocker Base Ball Club of New York
- Information on the first organized base ball club includes team photo and highlights.
MLB historian sheds new light on game's origin
- John Thorn, who was named MLB's official historian on March 1, dethrones Alexander Cartwright Jr. as the innovator of modern baseball in his upcoming book "Baseball in the Garden of Eden."
Daniel Lucius "Doc" Adams
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, September 6, 2013 3:27:52 PM EDT -