become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Center on Postsecondary Education and Disability
Pappanikou Center for Disability Studies
Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Education
Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Health
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
ARC of Southington, Inc.
- Provides programs and services for those with cognitive, developmental and intellectual disabilities in Hartford and New Haven counties.
Brain Injury Alliance
- Comprehensive resource for information on prevention and care of brain injury and concussion.
Community Enterprises, Inc
- Nonprofit corporation provides employment, training, work experience, education, housing and other support services for individuals with disabilities. Program locations in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Long Island, New York.
Connecticut Birth to Three System
- Offers home based developmental evaluations and family centered early intervention support for families with child development concerns.
Connecticut Department of Mental Retardation
- The supports and services DMR administers or purchases include residential services, day programs, employment supports, family supports, case management and clinical services.
Connecticut Department of Social Services: Services to Adults and People with Disabilities
- The Department administers programs which promote social, physical and economic well-being while providing people with disabilities with opportunities to achieve their full potential for self direction.
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center
- Statewide nonprofit organization that offers information and support to families of children with any disability or chronic illness, age birth through 21.
- Reading service for the blind and print-handicapped. Headquartered in Windsor with studios in Danbury, Trumbull, West Haven and Norwich.
Disabilities Network of Eastern Connecticut
- Mission statement plus information on advocacy, peer support and independent skills training.
Disabled American Veterans, Department of Connecticut
- Statewide organization offers newsletter, events calendar, information and resources.
Easter Seals of Connecticut
- Programs and services for children and adults with disabilities.
- Nonprofit agency which provides support services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Kennedy Center Inc.
- Provides services ranging from vocational to residential for disabilities, including psychiatric, developmental and physical to work-related injuries, deafness and brain damage.
Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Provides free mail loan of recorded and Braille books and magazines and necessary playback equipment to eligible state residents unable to read conventional print because of a visual or physical disability.
Special Olympics Connecticut
- Provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all people with mental retardation.
State of Connecticut Bureau of Rehabilitation Services
- Provides vocational rehabilitation to assist persons with physical or mental disabilities to prepare for, find or keep a job.
Yale Child Study Center
- Offers comprehensive, multidisciplinary evaluations for children and adults with social disabilities, usually focusing on the issues of diagnosis and intervention.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 30, 2014 at 2:30:39 UTC -