become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Children_and_Families
Society and Culture
Children and Families
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Society and Culture: Children and Families
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family
Society: Law: Legal Information: Family Law
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut
- Provides role model/mentor/friend to children from single parent families or with special needs, to improve self-esteem, grades, and social skills and reduce incidence of negative behaviors.
The Center for the Advancement of Youth, Family & Community Services, Inc.
- Nonprofit organization provides information on community building, resources, youth development and the Rite of Passage Experience.
Community Renewal Team, Inc.
- Anti-poverty agency serving families throughout Hartford and Middlesex Counties.
- Official kids website for the State of Connecticut that provides information created by government agencies for young adults.
Connecticut Association for Human Services
- Independent, nonprofit organization committed to decreasing poverty, neglect and inequality through public education, research, advocacy, and policy development.
Connecticut Association of Foster and Adoptive Parents, Inc.
- Nonprofit organization committed to strengthening foster and adoptive families through support, training and advocacy programs.
Connecticut Junior Republic
- family services, residential treatment and community based educational programs for troubled youth (boys and girls).
Connecticut Voices for Children, Inc.
- Statewide, citizen-based membership organization founded to advocate the well-being of children and youth.
Covenant to Care
- Nonprofit, interfaith, multicultural organization which connects social workers and other child welfare professionals with faith communities throughout Connecticut in order to provide programs, goods and services to abused, neglected, and impoverished children.
Danbury Regional Commission on Child Care, Rights and Abuse, Inc.
- Services include intervention, education and support. serves the towns of Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, Kent, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Redding, Ridgefield, Roxbury, Sherman, Warren and Washington.
Kid Protection Network
- Grassroots, all-volunteer Safe Streets For All Kids! initiative. Information provided on the program, including its components. Forum provided.
Kids Counsel: Center for Children's Advocacy
- Nonprofit organization which promotes and protects the legal rights and interests of poor children who are dependent upon the judicial, child welfare, health and mental health, education and juvenile justice systems for their care. Provides information on statewide resources.
National Center of Missing and Exploited Children: Connecticut
- Photos, data, description and information on young people who are missing from their homes.
Save the Children
- non-profit organization working to create positive, lasting change for disadvantaged children in the United States and 41 other nations.
Children and Families
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 11, 2012 at 9:45:04 UTC -