become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Agriculture
Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Business and Economy: Agriculture
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northeast: Science and Environment: Agriculture
The American Chestnut Tree
- Details of how the tree, once abundance in the east, was brought down by disease.
Brush and Stump Management
- Information from the CT Department of Environmental Protection on how to dispose of untreated organic materials in an ecologically-sound way.
Connecticut Agricultural Education Foundation
- Awards up to $1000 in scholarships to Connecticut student(s) each year.
Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
- Information on research activities, services and resources provided, and special events, all at locations in New Haven, Hamden and Windsor. Includes plant pest handbook and "insect of the week."
Connecticut Botanical Society
- Photo gallery plus information on native plants for gardening, field trip schedule, membership form and links to related sites.
Connecticut Department of Agriculture
- Information and online resources include links to farmers' markets, fair requirements, the Farmland Restoration Program and weekly ag report.
Connecticut Notable Trees Project
- Lists and photos of the largest trees in the state, plus information on projects, certificate program, lectures, with links to related sites.
Connecticut Tree Protective Association
- Nonprofit, non-partisan membership organization comprised of tree care professionals which promotes the protection and care of trees.
Connecticut Urban Forest Council
- Statewide organization composed of representatives from Connecticut environmental organizations, state agencies, universities, research institutions, corporations, professional communities and citizen tree groups.
Conservation of Private Grazing Land
- Initiative that will ensure that technical, educational and related assistance is provided to those who own private grazing lands.
Conservation Stewardship Program
- Voluntary program that encourages agricultural and forestry producers to maintain existing conservation activities and adopt additional ones on their operations.
Historical Flora of Connecticut
- Vintage photographs from the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
- Information on non-native plants and insects and the problems they create.
SALT: Smaller American Lawns Today
- Movement introduced by William Niering, Professor of Botany at Connecticut College, which promotes restoring residential and commercial grounds to harmonious ecology and sound landscapes.
- Information provided on how to submit soil samples for testing either in the New Haven or Windsor facility of the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station.
UConn Agriculture and Natural Resources Public Programs
- Farm Link, 4-H camps, soil testing lab, Master Gardener program and other information of general public interest.
Working the Land
- Features and news on agricultural topics.
Agriculture and Forestry
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 25, 2013 at 0:15:58 UTC -