become an editor
the entire directory
only in Connecticut/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Capitol Area Metro Region
New Haven County
New London County
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Connecticut Audubon EcoTravel
- Information on day and overnight trips for birdwatching and other naturalist pursuits, in Connecticut and worldwide.
Connecticut Butterfly Association
- Promotes the awareness and appreciation of butterflies and moths. Field trips, programs, checklist, species accounts, and field notes.
Connecticut Butterfly Atlas Project
- Project in which statewide participants identify species of butterflies. Sponsored by the State Geological and Natural History Survey of the CT DEP, the Connecticut Butterfly Association and the Connecticut Entomological Society.
Connecticut Climate Change
- Greenhouse gas inventory, state action plan, initiatives, news and events.
The Connecticut Envirothon
- Problem solving, natural resource education program for high school students which culminates in field competition.
Connecticut Forest & Park Association
- Conservation and education organization shares its mission, programs, news and education programs.
Connecticut Natural Disasters and Weather Extremes
- Historical natural disasters and weather extremes information, including earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, and other extreme natural events.
- Mobile biotechnology laboratory that travels to middle and high schools throughout the state to provide students with a hands-on BioScience experience.
Degree Confluence Project
- Contains photographs of the intersections of integer latitude and longitude degree lines for Connecticut project sites.
Earthquake History: Connecticut
- Information provided by the USGS Earthquake Hazards Program.
Geographic Zones for Total Nitrogen Management Loads
- Showing the watersheds of Connecticut as well as Long Island Sound.
Geology of Connecticut
- Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute presents a general introduction to the topic, intended for use in an 8th or 9th grade science classroom.
Home and Garden Education Center
- Educational outreach programs for the citizens of the state, including home horticulture, soil testing, lead poisoning, indoor air quality, septic system management and entomology.
National Earthquake Information Center: Connecticut
- Seismicity map of and information on earthquake history in the state.
U.S. Geological Survey
- Science information for the state includes real-time reports for drought, water data, earthquake activity and mineral Information.
USGS Minerals Information for Connecticut
- Provides Minerals Yearbook from 1994 forward, plus map of principal mineral-producing localities report in PDF format.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 25, 2013 at 0:02:35 UTC -