Wallingford [New Haven County] was set off from New Haven and named in May 1670 from Wallingford in Berkshire. Former names include "East River" and "New Haven Village."
Total area, 39.9 sq. miles, Land area, 39.0 sq. miles. Population, est., 43,100. Voting districts, 14. Principal industries, agriculture and manufacture of silverware, steel, plastic material and hardware.
Related categories 1
Last update:May 20, 2016 at 22:45:08 UTC