become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Legislative_Branch
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Legislative Branch
Connecticut General Assembly
- Official legislative site for bills, legislation, statutes and sessional activity. Provides directory of all House and Senate members.
African-American Affairs Commission
- Semi-autonomous agency of the State of Connecticut established to act as a liaison between African-American communities and governmental entities.
Auditors of Public Accounts for the State of Connecticut
- Legislative agency whose primary mission is to conduct audits of all State agencies.
Connecticut Commission on Children
- Bipartisan organization which brings representatives from the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government together with the private sector to promote public policies in children's best interest.
Connecticut Law Revision Commission
- Conducts ongoing review of Connecticut law and recommends appropriate revisions to antiquated, unconstitutional and inequitable laws.
Connecticut State Capitol Police
- Supports the State Legislature by creating a secure environment in which to conduct the legislative process.
Latino & Puerto Rican Affairs Commission
- Established to coordinate and provide access to resources by developing and recommending to the governor and the legislature, policy for the advancement of the Latino and Puerto Rican community.
Legislative Commissioners' Office
- The General Assembly's bill drafting and legal services office.
Legislative Program Review and Investigations Committee
- Joint, bipartisan, statutory committee of the Connecticut General Assembly established to evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness and statutory compliance of selected state agencies and programs.
Office of Fiscal Analysis
- Nonpartisan professional office of the Connecticut General Assembly whose primary function is to provide technical support to the Committee on Appropriations and the Committee on Finance, Revenue and Bonding, as well as the other committees and members of the legislature.
Office of Legislative Research
- Nonpartisan research arm of the Connecticut General Assembly which writes reports, analyzes bills, summarizes public acts, issues topical updates and performs other services for the Legislature.
Office of the House Clerk
- Charged with the publication of the journals, calendars, bulletins, Bill indices and other documents of the Connecticut General Assembly.
Permanent Commission on the Status of Women
- Provides research and analysis to the Legislature and state leaders regarding sex discrimination issues in education, employment, credit, child day care, nontraditional employment, sexual harassment, child support enforcement, healthcare and the economic status of women.
Senate Clerk's Office
- Online search for Bills and Resolutions, plus information on State Senators and caucuses, major issues, fiscal analysis and how a Bill becomes law.
State Government - Legislative
- Information from the Connecticut State Register and Manual includes the legislative assembly, the legislative process and offices.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 31, 2012 at 6:51:37 UTC -