become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture: Organizations
Clubs and Lodges
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
California Association of Human Relations Organizations
- Serves as a resource for organizations working to promote civil rights and addresses issues of hate crime, human and group relations issues, and police-community relations.
California Association of Nonprofits
- A state-wide nonprofit association offering services and discounts, public policy and advocacy, insurnace, publications, and assistance to nonprofits in California
California Budget Project (CBP)
- A nonpartisan, nonprofit organization seeking fiscal reforms to benefit low and moderate income Californians.
California Center for the Book
- In association with the Library of Congress, the center promotes the importance of reading, works to improve literacy, and encourages celebration of the book, book arts, and printing.
California Coalition for Rural Housing
- Advocates efforts to build and preserve affordable housing in rural areas of the state.
California Consumer Protection Foundation
- Administers consumer trust funds and distributes grants to private non-profit and public agencies. Includes information about available trust funds, granting process, and reporting from past grants.
California Council for the Humanities
- Focused on strengthening community life by creating, sponsoring and promoting humanities programs for the general public in every region of the state. Includes overview of its history, how to provide support, special programs, and grant guidelines.
California Non-Profit Organizations
- Directory of non-profit organizations.
California State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP)
- A division of the National Association of Parliamentarians that features officers, unit goals, events, convention information, feedback, and links.
CDC Information Network
- Provides current news affecting California's prisoners and their families. Covers information on how to visit inmates in all state prisons, as well as contact information for all prisons.
Insight Garden Program
- Promotes San Quentin prisoner rehabilitation with classes and hands-on experience in a 1,200 square foot organic flower garden. Includes overview, FAQ and accomplishments.
League of California Homeowners
- Non-profit homeowner advocacy site provides information about home remodeling, real estate transactions, and financing. Resources and membership information.
- Collaborate with local governments, financial institutions and intermediaries build, renovate, and preserve affordable homes for seniors and families throughout California.
Newcomers Club Directory for California
- A California directory of social organizations which help integrate new residents into the local community through social events, interest groups and children's activities (i.e. Newcomers Club, Welcome Wagon Club, New Neighbors League)
- Statistics on California economics, business, demographics, births, deaths, immigration, education, schools, crime, environment, welfare, ssi, medi-cal, medicare, social, and security.
Regional Council of Rural Counties
- Leading Rural California into the 21st Century. RCRC, California Rural Home Mortgage Finance Authority, Environmental Services JPA, and Government Advocacy.
- A nonprofit, charitable corporation run by senior (age 50 and over) volunteers to glean surplus foods for the needy members and charitable organizations in northeast California.
Southern California Sister Cities
- The largest chapter of Sister Cities International oversees cities from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, organizing conferences and giving members opportunities for citizen diplomacy. Includes directory, news and events.
Surepath Financial Solutions
- Non-profit community service organization providing free and confidential financial counseling. Includes services and tools. Serves the central coast to Santa Clara county.
- Santa Ana, and Costa Mesa. A non-profit organization that empowers disadvantaged men, women and teens in reaching economic self- sufficiency by providing employment support services at no charge or obligation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 23, 2013 at 6:54:07 UTC -