become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Issues
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues
American for Cures Foundation
- Organization formed to advance the field of stem cell research and regenerative medicine, and to educate the public about its potential and progress. List of member organizations, past and future forums, donation, and contact information. [Formerly, Alliance for Stem Cell Research]
California Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse
- Non-partisan movement of citizens and businesses who fight against lawsuit abuse. Includes history, issues and local activities.
California Institute for Rural Studies
- Does research into sustainable agriculture, farmworker safety, and immigrant welfare.
California Pro-Life Council
- A non-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian grassroots organization dedicated to the cessation of the perceived need for abortion, euthanasia and infanticide by working within the law to change the law and changing public opinion through education.
California Reinvestment Committee
- Coalition of over 200 organizations that advocates increased access to credit on behalf of California's low-income communities.
- News and information from an investigative journalism group founded by the Center for Investigative Reporting, focusing on money in politics, education, public safety, health care and the environment. Also provides tools and resources for public use.
Californians Against Waste
- Background and history of this organization, recycling and composting information, news releases and related legislation.
Californians for GE-Free Agriculture
- Provides education and resources in support of the rights of farmers and communities to evaluate and address the environmental, human health, and economic risks of genetic engineering in agriculture.
Californians for Population Stabilization
- Promotes policies and programs designed to stabilize the population at a level to preserve a good quality of life for all Californians. Covers issues, news and how to join.
Community Technology Foundation of California
- Grantmaking institution dedicated to collaborative efforts towards bridging the "digital divide" to all Californians. Background, projects, resources and grant information.
- Supports ferret legalization in California. Advice on ferret care in a state where they are illegal, contact information, description of events, and news.
- Offers news on ferret legalization efforts, information on the issues, actions needed and contact details.
NARAL Pro-Choice California
- Organization concerned with legal abortion. Includes state legislation news, voters guides, newsletter and online contributions.
Partnership for Immigrant Leadership and Action
- Provides training programs and get out the vote efforts for immigrants.
Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
- Pro-choice political action committee promotes education, counseling and clinical services in the fields of reproductive health care and family planning. Includes talking points and regional affiliates.
- "California spends six times more to incarcerate a youth than it does to educate one."
Three Strikes and You're Out
- Supports California's Three Strikes sentencing law previously enacted by a vote of the people of the State of California.
TURN: The Utilities Reform Network
- Consumer advocacy organization that represents the small customers of California's utilities. History, issues, and press releases.
We the People
- Non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the practice of democracy and the ability of people to shape the places where they live. Promotes disciplined study, conversation and civic engagement in a spirit of openness and mutual trust. Founded by Jerry Brown.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2016 at 4:18:05 UTC -