become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genealogy/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture: Genealogy: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Genealogy: Organizations
African American Genealogical Society of Northern California
- The objectives of the AAGSNC are: To enlighten and enrich self-worth and self-esteem of African Americans through genealogical research and interest; To promote interest in genealogical, biography, and related history among African Americans; To supplement and enrich the education of African Americans through the collection, preservation and maintenance of African American genealogical materials; To promote the accumulation and preservation of African American genealogical and related historical material and make such material available to all; and, To promote and maintain ethical standards in genealogical research and publications.
Antelope Valley Genealogical Society
- Antelope Valley is located in northern Los Angeles County, California, in the western portion of the Mojave Desert.
California Genealogical Society and Library
- The Society maintains a library, gathers and preserves vital records, and provides education through meetings, seminars and workshops.
California Genealogy Club
- Group members share discussion, resource links and research support.
California State Society - Daughters of the American Revolution
- Featuring membership requirements and locations of local on-line DAR chapters listed alphabetically by city, then alphabetically by name. Also provides information on genealogical resources in California.
Los Pobladores 200
- An ancestral heritage association whose members are descendants of the families that founded Los Angeles in 1781 under Governor Felipe de Neve. Includes family names of those 11 families.
Southern California Genealogical Society
- Located in Burbank, this society maintains a genealogy library for the public, while it also provides help to do research on-line. Focuses on Southern California resources.
Ventura County Genealogical Society
- A California registered Non-Profit organization dedicated to the promotion of genealogy and public education. The Society also maintains a reference library, located within the E.P. Foster Library, Ventura, California.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 22:48:31 UTC -