become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Health: Conditions and Diseases
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Society: Issues: Disabilities
Ability Counts, Inc.
- California Accredited Rehabilitation Facility, a tax exempt non-profit organization. Provides developmentally disabled adults with vocational training.
- Non-profit organization serving adults and children with disabilities. Programs, resources, events, highlights, and donation information.
Autism Society of California
- Promoting lifelong access and opportunities for persons within the autism spectrum. Board of directors, chapter and resource links.
Braille and Talking Book Library
- Lends braille, cassette and talking books, magazines and playback equipment to northern Californians unable to read conventional print.
- A non profit organization that provides programs and services to educate about blindness, visually impaired and blind individuals and macular degeneration.
California Association of State Hospital Parent Councils for the Retarded
- Lobbies to protect the rights of the mentally retarded and developmentally disabled.
California Department of Developmental Services
- The agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to children and adults with developmental disabilities.
California Department of Education: Special Education Division
- Gives parents and teachers information about assistance that is available for the learning disabled. Includes lists of pending relevant legislation and issues.
California Department of Rehabilitation
- Assist Californians with disabilities in obtaining and retaining employment and maximizing their ability to live independently in their communities.
California Family Resource Centers/Networks
- Directory of centers that provide early intervention services to new parents.
California Rehabilitation Association
- Advocates for the rights of people with disabilities in California and representing rehabilitation professionals.
California State Independent Living Council
- Maximizes options for independence for persons with disabilities.
California Supported Living Network
- Advocacy group for the systematic development and maintenance of quality supported living services so that persons with developmental disabilities have the option of living in their own homes. Events and information.
Center for Accessible Technology
- Resources and services on the use of computer technology for people with disabilities.
Connections Referral Service
- Information and referral to retirement, board and care, assisted living, nursing, long term care and Alzheimer's homes in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties.
Disability Benefits 101
- Covers California's disability benefits and helps workers, job seekers, and service providers understand the connections between work and benefits.
Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund Inc.
- Our mission is to secure and advance the civil rights of people with disabilities.
Fiesta Educativa Inc.
- An organization providing information, training and advocacy services to persons with disabilities and their families. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
Learning Disabilities Association of California
- Helping children and adults with learning disabilities receive the appropriate services, accommodations, and programs to enable them to lead happy, productive lives.
March of Dimes: California Chapter
- A non-profit organization dedicated to preventing birth defects.
Matrix Parent Network and Resource Center
- Provides services to families primarily in Marin, Napa, Sonoma, and Solano counties.
- Job and housing assistance for disabled adults.
Resources for Californians and Others with Physical Disabilities or Disfigurements
- Annotated links sorted by topic.
- Provides programs and services to persons with disabilities in San Bernardino, Inyo, and Mono Counties. Classes, services, newsletter, and consumer profiles.
Special Camp for Special Kids
- A summer day camp for disabled youth which links them with volunteer counselors one-on-one.
Through the Looking Glass
- Provides information, services and training regarding families in which a parent or a child has a disability.
UCLA Intervention Program
- Provides intervention services to children with special needs.
Willie Ross Foundation for the Developmentally Disabled
- Enhances the quality of life for non-verbal, deaf, and developmentally disabled adults.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 16, 2015 at 11:47:10 UTC -