become an editor
the entire directory
only in California/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Seismic Activity Reports
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Earthquakes
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Wildfires
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States: California
Bolsa Chica Land Trust
- Educational tour and interactive site with photos and sounds of birds, wildlife, and landscapes.
Books by David Carle
- Drowning the Dream, California's Water Choices at the Millennium - an environmental history of the state, focusing on water, population, and environmental change. Mono Lake Viewpoint - essays about an inland sea.
California Chaparral Field Institute
- Non-profit research and educational organization studying the chaparral biome, Mediterranean climates, and wildfire.
California Chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration
- Regional chapter of non-profit international professional membership organization for people researching, practicing, or interested in this field.
California Climate Change Portal
- Information on state initiatives to develop and implement strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
California Coastal Coalition
- Committed to restoring California's coast through sand replenishment, increasing the flow of natural sediment, wetlands recovery and improved water quality.
California CUPA Forum
- An association of agencies coordinating the consistent implementation of hazardous materials regulatory programs in the state of California.
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
- Includes information on fire safety, the state fire plan, and resource management programs.
California Ducks Unlimited
- Conserves, restores, and manages wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl. Includes calendar, regions and events page, news, photos, membership application and contact information.
California Shore and Beach Preservation Association
- Created to protect, restore and advocate the state's shoreline. Page includes list of conferences, past publications and membership information.
CERES: California Environmental Resources Evaluation System
- CERES is an information system developed by the California Resources Agency to facilitate access to a variety of environmental data.
- Union of Concerned Scientists fact sheets on the potential effects of global climate change on the state's bioregions and water resources.
Climate of California
- Narrative written by the State Climatologists and published by the National Climatic Data Center.
- Tasked with developing programs and resources to reduce greenhouse gases. Includes a carbon footprint calculator and tips to save energy. [English, Spanish]
Division of Safety of Dams
- Contains information about dams in the state, with technical references, statutes and regulations.
- Environmental news, stories and information for Californians. Includes excerpts from the writing of Gerald Haslam.
Information Center for the Environment
- A cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection.
Oasis Botanical Sanctuary
- A environmental organization dedicated to the "Restoration of Ecolibrium" through the preservation of endangered and threatened plants. A California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation.
- Ecosystem knowledge center based in Bolinas, aiming to increase environmental awareness through science, art, education, and applied conservation. Overview of projects and staff.
Planning and Conservation League
- Seeks to protect the California environment through state legislation, the administrative process, and through statewide ballot measures.
Sacramento Fish and Wildlife Office, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Working with others to conserve fish, wildlife, plants, and their habitats in California's Central Valley, Sierra Nevada, and San Francisco Bay areas.
San Gabriel Mountains Regional Conservancy
- promotes the preservation of land and/or buildings for historic, educational, ecological, recreational, scenic, or open space opportunities.
Sequoia Riverlands Trust
- To protect natural, scenic, agricultural, and historic lands of the southern Sierra Foothills and Tulare Valley through stewardship, restoration and education.
SoCal Sky Lights
- Guide to observing rocket launches, satellite and space shuttle overflights, meteor showers, etc. for southern California.
University of California National Reserve System
- Newsletter, history, journal, and system map.
The Wildlands Conservancy
- Works on preservation projects and preserves. Also offers free outdoor education programs and youth camps near Oak Glen.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 14, 2012 at 17:05:05 UTC -