become an editor
the entire directory
only in Southern_California/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Southern California: Science and Environment
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles Metro
San Diego County
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment
- Water conservation information from the family of regional water agencies, including landscaping, native plant use and watering index.
Electronic Recyclers International: E-Waste Green
- Electronics recycling and e-waste collection events.
Oiled Wildlife Care Network
- Responds to oiled birds washing ashore on beaches from Ventura to Los Angeles. Includes volunteer and research information.
Salton Basin-Colorado Delta Mothersite
- University-maintained resource on the natural, economic, and human aspects of this binational region, including hydrology, Salton Sea ecology and limnology, geothermal resources, Native Americans, and current issues.
Salton Sea Authority
- Governmental agency in Southern California working for environmental restoration of California's largest lake. News and information about the goals and techniques of the restoration project.
The San Gorgonio Wilderness Association
- Preserves the San Gorgonio Wilderness and San Bernardino National Forest. Covers history, volunteer program and trail conditions.
Southern California Biodiesel Users Group
- Non-profit, membership organization. Information and events.
Southern California Botanists
- Organization of individuals dedicated to the study and conservation of native plants and plant communities of southern California. Information about the journal, field trips and symposia, and membership.
Southern California Paleontological Society
- A non-profit organization which pledges itself to work in cooperation with scientific institutions and for the preservation of the fossil record.
Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project Homepage
- A partnership of agencies cooperating to restore coastal wetlands and watersheds between Point Conception and the Mexican border. Includes maps, photos and project descriptions.
Wildflowers from Saddleback to the Sea
- Biology professor Wayne D. Johnson presents a searchable archive of more than 550 photographs of plants of the cismontane Santa Ana Mountains of Southern California sorted by color, scientific name, common name, community, and plant uses.
Wildflowers of Southern California
- Barbara J. Collins, Ph.D. presents a photo gallery of many species, subdivided by habitat and listed by family, common or scientific names.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 9, 2007 at 0:26:42 UTC -