become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Environmental_Organizations
Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment: Environmental Organizations
California Tahoe Conservancy
- Non-regulatory state agency established to provide public access to wildlands, preserve wildlife habitat areas, and manage and restore lands to protect the natural environment.
Lake Tahoe Backyard Conservation Program
- Organization provides information and labor to aid homeowners to improve their property, and increase the health of Lake Tahoe. Tips on preventing erosion, fertilizer and irrigation management, and meeting the TRMP (Tahoe Regional Planning Agency) BMP's (Best Management Practices) included.
League to Save Lake Tahoe
- Dedicated to preserving the environmental balance, scenic beauty, and recreational opportunities of the Tahoe Basin. Information Centers in Tahoe City and South Lake Tahoe.
Tahoe Area Sierra Club Group
- Outings and events, local environmental news and action alerts.
Tahoe Baikal Institute
- International environmental exchange program to help preserve Lake Tahoe in California and Lake Baikal in Siberia. Programs include environmental education and international exchanges of students, scholars, and practitioners in science, policy, and other fields.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 22:48:36 UTC -