become an editor
the entire directory
only in San_Francisco_Bay_Area/Society_and_Culture
San Francisco Bay Area
Society and Culture
Chats and Forums
Computer User Groups
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Northern California: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture
Alliance Française de San Francisco
- Nonprofit association whose mission is to contribute to a wider knowledge of the French culture.
Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation
- Working to preserve the historic immigration station. History, hours, and resources.
Bay Area Brazilian Club
- A non-profit organization promoting Brazilian culture and carnaval in the Bay Area. Includes newsletter, events, community resources, and history of group.
Bay Area Skeptics
- Organization which aims to encourage rational thought and critical thinking through the use of scientific methods. Provides a blog, newsletter and information on membership.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area
- Program matches adult mentors with youth on a one-to-one or group basis.
- Non-profit provides health care, education and job assistance to teenage parents and families in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Includes information about services, partners, and locations.
Center for Human Development
- Community-based organization offers services for at-risk youth, individuals, families, and communities. Includes program details and volunteer information.
Citizens for a Safe Golden Gate Bridge
- Organization dedicated to protecting all who drive, walk and bicycle across the bridge. Details, applicable laws, and related links.
The Commonwealth Club of California
- The nation's oldest and largest public affairs forum, bringing together its members for events on topics ranging across politics, culture, society and the economy.
East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy
- A labor-affiliated think-tank that researches economic issues in the East Bay. "Decade of Divide, Working Wages and Inequality in the East Bay" is a report by EBASE that explores inequity issues in the East Bay.
East Bay Community Foundation
- A permanent endowment of charitable funds dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Mission, finances, FAQ and glossary.
Easter Seals Bay Area
- Helps children and adults with disabilities to live with equality, dignity and independence. News, services, locations, and donation information.
- Political leadership training program for Democratic women. Includes curriculum, application, and donation information.
The Family Giving Tree
- Site for charity providing toys and gifts for very low income children. Includes information on corporate sponsorship, donations and volunteer efforts.
Food Bank of Contra Costra/Solano
- Programs, financial information and volunteer opportunities.
Food Banks of the Bay Area
- Umbrella organization of food banks. Contains events and press releases.
Junior League of Oakland-East Bay, Inc.
- An organization of women. Includes fundraising, events, projects, sponsors and members.
Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California
- Membership association made up primarily of nonprofit organizations involved with rental or cooperative housing for low income people in the San Francisco Bay area.
The North Bay Living Foods Community
- Provides a community-based structure for the education and support of a living foods vegetarian diet and lifestyle. Includes a mailing list and potluck schedule.
A San Francisco Bay Area Progressive Directory
- A guide to about 1000 organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area of interest to progressive activists.
San Francisco Goodwill
- Helps people with disabilities or disadvantaging conditions become more employable by providing work, skill training, and job placement in the community.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
- Rallying community resources to assist people who are hungry in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Programs, services, publications and how to donate or volunteer.
Self Help for the Elderly
- A non-profit organization which provides social services and health care to seniors. Programs and services, news and events, along with donation and volunteer information.
South Peninsula Area Republican Coalition
- Local chapter of the California Congress of Republicans. Includes events, resources and membership information.
Table for Six
- Matchmaking and singles adventures, club meetings at restaurants, outdoor activities and social events. Includes description of services and calendar.
- Serves adults throughout the Bay Area, providing services that increase economic and social opportunities for people with disabilities. Mission statement, services, art gallery, job opportunities, and related links.
United Way of the Bay Area
- Fund raising association assists charities, government projects and local communities to attain social, health, and educational goals. Page includes mission statement and ways to help.
Wardrobe for Opportunity
- Goal is to help low-income women in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties improve their image and self-esteem by providing them with quality business clothing appropriate for job interviews and the professional workplace as well as career development support.
Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
- Engages and supports future nonprofit and community leaders through professional development, networking and social opportunities designed for young people involved in the Bay Area's nonprofit community.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 13, 2016 at 23:02:38 UTC -