become an editor
the entire directory
only in San_Francisco_Bay_Area/Society_and_Culture
San Francisco Bay Area
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Metro Areas: San Francisco Bay Area: Society and Culture
Chats and Forums
Computer User Groups
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Northern California: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area
- Program matches adult mentors with youth on a one-to-one or group basis.
- Non-profit provides health care, education and job assistance to teenage parents and families in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Includes information about services, partners, and locations.
Catholic Charities CYO
- Non-profit provider of social services in the Bay Area. Information about programs including day care, youth organizations, family housing, and Meals on Wheels.
The Commonwealth Club of California
- The nation's oldest and largest public affairs forum, bringing together its members for events on topics ranging across politics, culture, society and the economy.
The Distributed Library Project
- The free access point to a distributed library of people's books. Includes database and lending rules.
East Bay Community Foundation
- A permanent endowment of charitable funds dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Mission, finances, FAQ and glossary.
East Bay Food Not Bombs
- Offering a free vegetarian meal for those in need. Provides information on the organization, location and times of meals, and links to related sites.
- Political leadership training program for Democratic women. Includes curriculum, application, and donation information.
Food Bank of Contra Costra/Solano
- Programs, financial information and volunteer opportunities.
Food Banks of the Bay Area
- Umbrella organization of food banks. Contains events and press releases.
Future Women Leaders
- Organization that provides a forum for young businesswomen to form a professional network and to learn from the experiences of local women business leaders. Mission statement, events, officer profiles, and membership information.
The North Bay Living Foods Community
- Provides a community-based structure for the education and support of a living foods vegetarian diet and lifestyle. Includes a mailing list and potluck schedule.
A San Francisco Bay Area Progressive Directory
- A guide to about 1000 organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area of interest to progressive activists.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
- Rallying community resources to assist people who are hungry in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Programs, services, publications and how to donate or volunteer.
South Peninsula Area Republican Coalition
- Local chapter of the California Congress of Republicans. Includes events, resources and membership information.
Table for Six
- Matchmaking and singles adventures, club meetings at restaurants, outdoor activities and social events. Includes description of services and calendar.
- Serves adults throughout the Bay Area, providing services that increase economic and social opportunities for people with disabilities. Mission statement, services, art gallery, job opportunities, and related links.
Wardrobe for Opportunity
- Goal is to help low-income women in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties improve their image and self-esteem by providing them with quality business clothing appropriate for job interviews and the professional workplace as well as career development support.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 29, 2013 at 5:24:12 UTC -