become an editor
the entire directory
only in San_Francisco_Bay_Area/Science_and_Environment
San Francisco Bay Area
Science and Environment
Loma Prieta Earthquake 1989
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Northern California: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment
Aquarium of the Bay
- An educational facility dedicated to inspiring conservation of San Francisco Bay and marine environments, located adjacent to Pier 39. Visitor information, educational programs, and special events.
- Magazine dedicated to exploring and learning about the local environment. Article excerpts, events, calendar, and subscription information.
- Area insects presented via online curriculum - games, photographs, slideshows, field guides, and other activities and resources.
California Native Plant Society: East Bay chapter
- A non-profit organization of amateurs and professionals seeking to increase understanding of California's native flora and to preserve it for future generations. Features projects, lectures and activities.
Committee for Green Foothills
- Grassroots organization working to protect open space on the Peninsula. Project details, ways to get involved, and donation information.
- Hands-on educational reptile shows for organizations and parties. List of species, photographs, and packages.
Don Edwards San Francisco Bay Wildlife Refuge
- Protecting wildlife habitat and providing opportunities for nature study.
Exploring New Horizons
- Nonprofit specializing in environmental education and dedicated to enriching the lives of students through hands-on and activity-based learning. Information on events and outings and how to get involved, with newsletter and donor list.
The Green Gate
- Natural Resources Defense Council environmental guide to the San Francisco Bay Area. Includes features on air, water, wildlife, urban living, and health.
- Conservation organization dedicated to preserving a greenbelt of open space, farmlands, and parks around the bay area.
Marine Science Institute
- Details education and monitoring programs conducted by the Institute on and around San Francisco Bay.
Oakland Museum of California Creek and Watershed Information Source
- Guide to San Francisco Bay Area creeks, providing access to maps, books, exhibits, classes and other creek-related resources.
San Francisco Estuary Institute
- Promoting scientific study in order to protect and enhance the bay.
Save The Bay
- Seeks to preserve, protect and restore the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento/San Joaquin Estuary as a healthy and biologically diverse ecosystem essential to the well-being of the human and natural communities it sustains.
Shy Hunters Environmental Education
- Gives environmental lectures in the San Francisco Bay Area using live, native birds of prey.
Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition (SVTC)
- Works to document and expose the hazards of the high-tech industry and to promote environmental and economic sustainability and accountability in the electronics industry.
The Watershed Project
- Creates and carries out involvement and outreach programs on creeks, wetlands, and watersheds for the general public and educators in the San Francisco Bay Area. Includes program descriptions and curriculum materials.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2013 at 8:54:10 UTC -