become an editor
the entire directory
only in California/Maps_and_Views
Maps and Views
By Metro Area
Regional: North America: United States: Maps and Views
Shopping: Publications: Maps
1895 Map of California
- Oversized (1700 x 2468 pixels), detailed, colorful map of the entire state, by Rand McNally.
- Geospatial clearinghouse of data and web map services; operated by the state government. Includes viewers, downloads and contribution information.
California Atlas of Panoramic Aerial Images
- Images are organized by region and labeled by city.
California Coastal Records Project
- Includes over 12,000 aerial photographs of the coastline.
California Gallery of Images
- 3-D perspective views based on elevation data from the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Image gallery and interpretation.
- A basic map from the National Geographic Society, designed to be easily duplicated for classroom use. Available in two versions, one with city names and one without.
California Map Collection
- At the Perry-Castañeda Library, found at the University of Texas at Austin.
California Map Collection at UC Berkeley
- The university's online collection contains approximately 200 maps of areas in California. Most are pre-20th Century.
California Maps in pdf Format
- Offers a choice of 7 versions of state map. Choices allow combinations of county outlines, county names, b/w, color, and shaded relief.
California Regional Maps
- Maps from the California Division of Tourism show freeways, state routes, and visitor attractions.
Color Landform Atlas
- Includes three shaded relief maps of California and Nevada. The one titled "Shaded relief map" is in color with the state outlines added. "County map" is similar, with county outlines added. "Black and white map" shows only the state outlines.
Counties of California
- Census Bureau map showing outlines and names of all 58 counties.
Digital Atlas of California
- Includes maps showing population, citizenship, income, poverty, and education.
Highway System Area Maps
- Showing current road conditions for California highways.
Historical Map of California Gold Regions, 1849
- A map made in London during the California Gold Rush. It puts California into context by showing the area to the east as far as Great Salt Lake.
Historical Map of California, c. 1883
- A map showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, counties, roads, and railroads. Claims to show every railroad station and post office in the state.
Historical Map of the California Gold Regions, 1851
- A color map showing most of the state.
Historical Map Promoting Bicycling
- An 1895 shaded relief map showing recommended roads for bicycling in California. Ads from bicycling companies form a border surrounding the map.
Historical Map with California Shown as an Island
- A pen-and-ink and watercolor map circa 1650. The "island" includes both California and Mexico's Baja California.
Historical Pictorial Map
- An 1888 map promoting the state, published by the Southern Pacific Company and the State Board of Trade of California.
Indian Reservations in California
- A map showing the locations of Indian tribal lands.
Map of the State of California
- Scanned highway map. Publisher and date not given. A large file of 1072x1832 pixels and 392k.
Off-Highway-Vehicle Riding Areas
- California map with locations and information about riding areas for dune buggies, motorcycles, four wheel drives, all-terrain vehicles, and snowmobiles.
Political Districts of California
- Maps showing Congressional, State Senate, and State Assembly districts.
Potentially Active Volcanoes
- Map with information about California's four potentially active volcanoes: Mount Shasta, Medicine Lake, Lassen Park, and Long Valley. Information for each volcano includes name, type, photograph, elevation, and links to USGS information.
Satellite Image of California
- This image is dated August 1996. Clicking on the image brings up a full size view. At the bottom of the page, clicking on "Understanding the images" takes user to a detailed discussion of the image and how it was made.
Volcano Area Maps
- A set of maps and graphics from the USGS.
Maps and Views
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 4, 2013 at 11:43:17 UTC -