become an editor
the entire directory
only in San_Francisco/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Chats and Forums
Class Reunions and Alumni
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Metro Areas: San Francisco Bay Area: Society and Culture
This category in other languages:
The Bridge of Books Foundation
- Non-profit organization that collects and distributes children's books to San Francisco's at-risk youth. Information about activities and history.
Center for Sex & Culture
- Provides sex-positive classes, workshops, social gatherings, and hands-on, practical skills-building events. Mission statement, upcoming events, background and contact information.
Dolores Street Community Services
- Provides housing, sanctuary and support for working poor in San Francisco's Mission and Castro Neighborhoods.
The Garden Project
- Works to transform low-income communities by employing and training former prisoners to plant and maintain street trees and organic gardens. Sponsored by the San Francisco (CA) Sheriff's Department.
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Grant-making institution dedicated to the improvement of the quality of life through education, scientific research, the environment, and projects in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Independent Living Resource Center
- Serving people with all disabilities. Covers programs, facilities, workshops and schedule.
- A program to provide mobile showers and toilets for the homeless.
Positive Resource Center
- Assists people affected by HIV/AIDS in the San Francisco Bay Area through counseling, education and advocacy to maximize benefits and employment opportunities.
Rudolf Steiner Foundation Social Finance
- Loans money to non-profit organizations ranging from intergenerational farm communities, Buddhist retreat centers, and Waldorf schools. Includes information for donors, investors, and borrowers.
San Francisco Beautiful
- Offers grants and awards for improvements to the city environment, including building restorations, new plantings, and removal of blight.
San Francisco Food Bank
- Collects donated food from growers, manufacturers and grocers and distributes it to food pantries, soup kitchens, child care centers, homeless shelters, and senior centers.
The San Francisco Late Night Coalition
- A broad-based group composed of club owners, promoters, activists, DJs, musicians, artists and community members whose goal is to protect, preserve and promote San Francisco's late-night culture.
San Francisco Vegetarian Society
- Non-profit, volunteer-run organization promotes a vegetarian diet in the Bay Area.
Save St. Brigid Church
- Preservation site feature landmark Romanesque style church.
Support for Families of Children with Disabilities
- A parent-run, non-profit for families with children with disability or special health care needs. Services, events, partnerships and donation information.
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corp
- A nonprofit provider of affordable housing for low-income residents of San Francisco's Tenderloin and central city neighborhoods.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 1, 2014 at 15:25:17 UTC -