become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: California: Localities: S: San Francisco: Travel and Tourism: Attractions
Asian Art Museum
- The Chong-Moon Lee Center for Asian Art and Culture is one of the largest museums of its kind in the world.
California Academy of Sciences
- Located in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California and consists of a Natural History Museum, Planetarium and Aquarium all in one location.
California Historical Society
- Founded in 1871, the Society is California's official archives of historical information.
Cartoon Art Museum of San Francisco
- Exhibits showcase contemporary cartoons as art. Includes awards, volunteer information, and how to rent the facility.
The Children’s Creativity Museum
- A children's art and technology museum featuring interactive art exhibitions, live music and theater performances, and educational programs.
- A hands-on museum of science, art, and human perception in San Francisco. Interactive online exhibits and exhibitions, activities, science news and publications, and general information about the museum.
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
- The city's largest public arts institution, comprised of the M.H. de Young Memorial Museum and the California Palace of the Legion of Honor.
The Museum of the African Diaspora
- The mission of the museum is to connect all people through the culture, history, and art of the African Diaspora. Information about exhibitions, membership, docent and school programs, and a virtual tour.
- A large privately owned collection of antique coin-operated automatic mechanical musical instruments. Several photographs and CD sales.
National Liberty Ship Memorial - SS Jeremiah O'Brien
- Tours, cruises, and volunteer information for ship that was part of the D-Day Armada.
The Randall Museum of San Francisco
- Natural history museum offers classes, interactive exhibits and meeting space for area clubs.
Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Museum
- Home of the odd and unusual, located on Fisherman's Wharf.
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- The first museum on the West Coast devoted solely to twentieth-century art opened in 1935. It features painting, sculpture, architecture, design and media arts.
USS Pampanito (SS-383)
- World War II submarine restored as a historical museum.
The Walt Disney Family Museum
- An interactive animation museum that features the life of Walt Disney and evolution of Mickey Mouse.
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- Presentations of art and entertainment by local, national and international artists reflect the Bay area's diverse cultural populations. Mission, history, and event schedule.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 6, 2015 at 5:38:06 UTC -