become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oakland/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: Alameda: Society and Culture
American Indian Child Resource Center
- AICRC is a nonprofit agency providing services to American Indian youth and their families in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
A Better Oakland
- Weblog covering Oakland politics and development news. Not updated since 2011.
CARD - Collaborating Agencies Responding to Disasters
- Offers an alternative approach to emergency preparedness and disaster response for non-profit, faith-based and philanthropic organizations. Includes programs, training and downloadable resources.
Children's Hospital Oakland Foundation
- A non-profit corporation raising funds for Children's Hospital Oakland, Northern California's most comprehensive pediatric medical center between Seattle and Los Angeles caring for all regional children regardless of ability to pay.
- Charitable remainder trust, gift annuity and capital gains to provide for children.
East Bay Asian Youth Center
- Non-profit seeking to connect Asian American youth with caring and understanding adults who can affirm their cultural identity.
Family Bridges, Inc.
- Nonprofit, multi-service agency providing service to immigrants, low-income, elderly, youth. Programs include adult day health care, senior center, youth center, employment and training, and social services.
Family Violence Law Center
- Nonprofit organization serving family violence victims. Information on getting help, programs available and contacts.
Harbor House Ministries
- Interdenominational, multi-ethnic, Christian organization working with youth and families in the San Antonio District of Oakland towards self-sufficiency (academic, economic, and social).
Historical View of Oakland
- A bird's-eye view showing the city in 1900, with a border showing major buildings.
Korean Community Center of the East Bay
- Empowering the Korean American and Korean immigrant communities of the Bay Area through education, advocacy, service, and the development of community based resources. [also in Korean]
League of Women Voters of Oakland
- Local chapter encourages informed and active participation in government, influencing public policy through education and advocacy of local, California and national issues.
Oakland Nature Friends
- Outdoor activity club offers periodic German beirfests, hikes, social events and Octoberfest activities. Find schedules and membership information, and wedding/event venue rental details.
Oakland's Cleveland Cascade
- Community restoration group focused on Cleveland Cascade, a 1920s water feature on a hillside and dropping into Lake Merritt. Articles, organization background, and support information.
- Local autonomous hub for the international activist movement. Find an overview of the group along with its news, general assembly notes, forum, media and events calendar.
- Personal blog of artist and teacher living in Oakland, CA.
Trainweb: Oakland, California
- Photos of Amtrak's Jack London Square train station, nearby hotel listings, railroad sightings.
West Oakland - Caltrans Cypress Archaeology
- Information from cultural resources studies of 21 city blocks in Oakland from 1994 to the present, with insight into the prehistory and history of the area.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 21, 2016 at 2:49:47 UTC -