become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oakland/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Localities: O: Oakland: Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: Alameda: Society and Culture
American Indian Child Resource Center
- AICRC is a nonprofit agency providing services to American Indian youth and their families in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
CARD - Collaborating Agencies Responding to Disasters
- Offers an alternative approach to emergency preparedness and disaster response for non-profit, faith-based and philanthropic organizations. Includes programs, training and downloadable resources.
Children's Hospital Oakland Foundation
- A non-profit corporation raising funds for Children's Hospital Oakland, Northern California's most comprehensive pediatric medical center between Seattle and Los Angeles caring for all regional children regardless of ability to pay.
- Charitable remainder trust, gift annuity and capital gains to provide for children.
Family Bridges, Inc.
- Nonprofit, multi-service agency providing service to immigrants, low-income, elderly, youth. Programs include adult day health care, senior center, youth center, employment and training, and social services.
Family Violence Law Center
- Nonprofit organization serving family violence victims. Information on getting help, programs available and contacts.
Harbor House Ministries
- Interdenominational, multi-ethnic, Christian organization working with youth and families in the San Antonio District of Oakland towards self-sufficiency (academic, economic, and social).
Historical View of Oakland
- A bird's-eye view showing the city in 1900, with a border showing major buildings.
Korean Community Center of the East Bay
- Empowering the Korean American and Korean immigrant communities of the Bay Area through education, advocacy, service, and the development of community based resources. [also in Korean]
Oakland's Cleveland Cascade
- Community restoration group focused on Cleveland Cascade, a 1920s water feature on a hillside and dropping into Lake Merritt. Articles, organization background, and support information.
- Local autonomous hub for the international activist movement. Find an overview of the group along with its news, general assembly notes, forum, media and events calendar.
Trainweb: Oakland, California
- Photos of Amtrak's Jack London Square train station, nearby hotel listings, railroad sightings.
West Oakland - Caltrans Cypress Archaeology
- Information from cultural resources studies of 21 city blocks in Oakland from 1994 to the present, with insight into the prehistory and history of the area.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:24:03 AM EST -