become an editor
the entire directory
only in Los_Angeles/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Chats and Forums
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: Los Angeles: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Metro Areas: Los Angeles: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Southern California: Society and Culture
California Community Foundation
- In partnership with its donors, the foundation supports nonprofit organizations and public institutions with funds for health and human services, affordable housing, early childhood education, community arts and culture and other areas of need.
- A community-based organization working in South LA to create, influence and change public policy. [Vermont Knolls]
- Citywide community forum to promote safety and quality of life. Includes articles on current issues, local police stations, and Community-Police Advisory Boards updates.
Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis
- IABA is an organization that advances the use of non-aversive, person-centered procedures in the field of challenging behavior. This site offers a number of publications for professionals as resources and guides to applying positive reinforcement procedures to facilitate behavior change.
Institute for Urban Research and Development
- Community development group resource information, issues and activities.
The John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation
- Private grant funding highlights for scholarly work in public policy and social science research.
- A non-profit materials reuse program, which takes donations from the local business community of reusable goods and materials and redistributes these items to non-profits and schools throughout local county. Provides informational links for becoming a donor, tax deductions, and volunteer sign up.
Los Angeles World Affairs Council
- Hosts authoritative, influential figures in world affairs and provides them an open forum. Includes event, program and membership details.
Occupy Los Angeles
- Local autonomous hub for the international activist movement. Presents event calendar, chat, forums, blogs, list of items to donate, principles of solidarity.
Simon Wiesenthal Center
- A resource on the Holocaust and World War II. Featuring glossary, time-line, bibliographies, questions and answers about the Holocaust, virtual exhibits, curricular resources for teachers, 3,000 text files, tens of thousands of photos. [Pico-Robertson]
Sister Cities of Los Angeles
- Non-profit organization creates and strengthens relationships dozens of sister cities around the world. Includes history, sisters, events and resources.
Stentorians of Los Angeles City, Inc.
- Non-profit group created by and for African-American firefighters and their families. Information about their community programs, membership and job opportunities.
- Provides school to career activities and events to create partnerships between the business and education communities.Contains events, virtual jobs, careers, resource library, and contact information.
- Bridging the Gap in the Community donations provide funding to invest in local programs for learning, empowering and caring. Includes how to give and how to get help information.
Volunteers of America - Greater Los Angeles
- Offering help services to children, homeless, ex-offenders returning to society, seniors and families throughout the local area. Includes information about the organization, their programs and facilities, upcoming events and contact information.
Westside Center for Independent Living
- Dedicated to empowering all people with disabilities so that they achieve and maintain self-sufficient and productive lives. Includes services, advocacy, employment service, technical assistance, and upcoming activities.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2014 at 7:24:04 UTC -