become an editor
the entire directory
only in Long_Beach/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Localities: L: Long Beach: Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: Los Angeles: Society and Culture
Alamitos Heights Improvement Association
- Provides and promotes programs aimed at encouraging connections between neighbors and fostering civic involvement. Includes member resources and program descriptions.
American Federation of Musicians Local 353
- Provides referral and other services. News, list of musicians and teachers, and membership information.
American Red Cross, Greater Long Beach Chapter
- History, class description and schedule, special youth programs, and donations.
- A philanthropic organization for issues related to older Americans. Contains information about types of projects funded, news and publications.
Dave Lee's Queen Mary Photos
- Photographs of the Queen Mary, now berthed in retirement. Includes gallery with commentary.
Historical Society of Long Beach
- Nonprofit organization interested in the heritage of the city. Includes history of the group, exhibits and membership information.
Jewish Family and Children's Service of Long Beach/West Orange County
- Providing professional counseling and support services to assist people of all ages. Describes programs and how to donate.
Leadership Long Beach
- Community improvement organization. List of past projects completed by prior "graduating classes".
Long Beach Affordable Housing Coalition, Inc.
- Supports working families. History, list of projects, FAQ and application for housing.
Long Beach Heritage
- A nonprofit group preserving the city's architecture and culture. Includes information on walking tours, workshops and lectures, advocacy and activism.
Long Beach K-9 Officer's Association, Inc.
- Provides financial assistance to acquire new dogs and for food and medical costs of those retired or injured from duty. Includes background and list of teams.
Long Beach Nonprofit Partnership
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the nonprofit sector. Includes organization profile, enrollment form, and newsletter.
Long Beach Police Officers Association
- Organization representing the police officers. Includes election endorsements, chat room, memorial, and member area.
- Personal blog by Annette Holland (Sargent). Includes photographs, recipes, twitter feeds and journal entries.
- An amusement area in Long Beach from 1902 to 1979. History, pictures and stories about this bygone landmark.
Questing Heirs Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Founded for the purpose of collecting, preserving and publishing data relating to genealogy. Contains meeting, program and class information.
Rancho Los Alamitos
- Historic ranch site and gardens open to the public. Photos, map to location, hours and information on tours and programs.
- Non-profit, nondenominational volunteer organization that rehabilitates the houses of low-income homeowners. Includes news and events, stories and FAQ.
Rose Park Neighborhood Association
- Information on project to be listed as historic district, events, newsletters, discussion forum.
Salvation Army Long Beach Citadel
- Describes activities of the organization in the local community.
Views and Reviews
- Editorial commentary by resident Joe Mack.
- Neighborhood association. History, membership and meeting information, activities and issues.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 6, 2014 at 5:08:27 UTC -