become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fresno/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: Fresno: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: San Joaquin Valley: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture
1000 Friends of Fresno
- Promotes and provides information about groups that improve the quality of life in the local community.
American Historical Society of Germans from Russia
- Mission is to archive, research, and promote the history of Germans from Russia. Funded through a number of events, the largest being the annual Oktoberfest.
Craig's List: Fresno
- Non-commercial bulletin board for events, jobs, housing, personal ads and community discussion.
- Provides food, shelter and transitional living centers for women and children.
Exchange Club of Fresno
- Service-based club, with an emphasis on Americanism, community service, and youth achievement. Child abuse prevention emphasized as part of the national program.
Food Not Bombs
- Offering a free vegetarian meal for those in need. Provides information on the organization and location/times of meals served in Fresno, a message board and links to the international site.
Fresno City and County Historical Society
- Dedicated to the history, culture, and appreciation of California's Central Valley. Activities include preservation advocacy, educational outreach, publications.
Fresno Commodore User Group
- User group for Commodore 8-bit computer enthusiasts.
Fresno County Genealogical Society
- Fosters and supports local genealogical and historical interest, collects and preserves genealogical and historical data, aids society members and the general public in compiling genealogies and genealogical research, establishes and maintains a genealogical library which is the private property of the society.
Fresno Metro Ministry/Local Health Care Coalition
- Interfaith and Ecumenical organization working for health care access, food security, cultural and religious diversity understanding, and for helpful human services.
Fresno Regional Foundation
- Funds local efforts to solve a variety of social ills, including economic, social, environmental, and educational needs.
Fresno Rescue Mission
- A Christian shelter for homeless and needy persons. Information about their programs including emergency shelter, Craycroft Youth Center, and the Lighthouse Guild.
Fresno Rotary Club
- Serves the community by working closely with educational and vocational services. Special projects, meeting information, bulletins, adopted schools, board members and links to other rotary sites are listed.
Fresno Women's Network
- Organization for women to support each other in business, personal and professional growth. Provides a newsletter, calendar of events, membership directory, business resources and links to helpful web sites.
- Where local families with children can meet others with similar interests and situations and share ideas for local family-friendly activities.
The Marjaree Mason Center
- Non-profit center to aid victims of domestic abuse and homelessness. Services, educational programs, calendar of events and volunteer opportunities are listed.
- Homeless center serving the hungry and homeless of Fresno California.
Scottish Society of Central California
- Purpose is to create, stimulate, and sustain an interest in Scotland and its history, traditions, and culture; to bring together people of Scottish heritage; and to promote goodwill and understanding among its members and the general public. Sponsors the Annual Fresno Scottish Festival and Highland Games.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 1, 2014 at 4:26:40 UTC -