The far west end of the San Fernando Valley of Southern California for hundreds of years was home to the American Indians of both Fernandeno and Chumash tribes.

Originally, Canoga Park was named Owensmouth by General H.G. Otis (Owner of the Los Angeles Times Newspaper) because he felt it was the closest town to the outlet for the Owens River Aqueduct. Owensmouth was founded on March 30, 1912 by the Janz Corporation. Source: Canoga Park Improvement Association

Subcategories 8

Related categories 4

[Drama Mozilla]
Last update:
April 16, 2016 at 1:01:07 UTC
Regional
Science
Shopping
Society
Sports
All Languages
Arts
Business
Computers
Games
Health
Home
News
Recreation
Reference