become an editor
the entire directory
only in California/Health
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Health
Lake Tahoe Region
Los Angeles Metro Area
San Francisco Bay Area
San Joaquin Valley
Beauty and Cosmetic Services
Conditions and Diseases
Home Health Care Providers
Physicians and Clinics
Regional: North America: United States: Health
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Southwest: Health
This category in other languages:
- Weekly publication on issues relating to occupational health and safety. Includes searchable archives.
California Academy of Audiology
- Fostering the growth, development, recognition, and status of the profession of audiology and its members. Events, legislation, resources, and member office locator.
California Adolescent Health Collaborative
- Provides a view of important teen health issues in California. Promotes strategies for addressing these issues that emphasize positive youth development and cross disciplinary boundaries.
California Association of Health Plans
- Information on health care legislation, research, policies and industry organizations. Assists consumers in finding and choosing health plans.
California Autism Foundation
- Non-profit seeking to maximize independence, productivity and fulfillment for people with autism. Operates the ABC School and several group homes.
California Department of Developmental Services
- Provides services and support to individuals with developmental disabilities, including mental retardation, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Includes directory of regional centers.
California Department of Public Health
- Describes programs and services, provides information on health, certificates and licences, and offers access to resources, statistics, surveys, informatics, GIS, and health indicators.
The California Patient's Guide
- This guide is intended to inform patients of their rights to receive quality health care and what steps to take if they encounter problems.
California Primary Care Association
- Represents about 600 not-for-profit community clinics and health centers in California who provide comprehensive, health care services primarily to low-income and uninsured Californians.
- A free service offered to seniors or their family members to assist them in locating senior housing throughout the state.
California Rural Indian Health Board
- Offers planning, advocacy, funding, training, technical assistance, and education pertaining to Indian health care issues.
The California Smokers' Helpline
- An online and telephone program to help people kick the habit. Offers a guide and plan for quitting, links to local resources, and telephone counseling.
Health Consumer Alliance
- Provides information to consumers and advocates about access to health care for low-income consumers, including consumer education materials in 13 languages.
Health Officers Association of California - HOAC
- Representing physician health officers in California's county and city health departments. Links to departments, information on programs.
La Leche League of Northern California and Hawaii
- Providing information, support, encouragement and education to women who want to breastfeed. Meeting times, dates and location and leader information.
Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board
- Part of the California Health and Human Services Agency; advises the Governor and the Legislature on strategies for reducing the number of uninsured persons in the state. Includes reports and public program details.
- Self-serve site sponsored by the California Department of Health Services offering password-protected access to program information, publications, and updates.
Medical Board of California
- State agency that licenses medical doctors and investigates complaints. Allows for search of licensed physicians.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 8, 2012 at 6:24:03 UTC -