become an editor
the entire directory
only in California/Government
By Metro Area
Regional: North America: United States: Government
This category in other languages:
State of California
- Official site. Government page links to state laws, elected officials, agencies and departments, and sites for cities and counties in the state.
Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- The mission of the Board is to safeguard the life, health, property, and public welfare by regulating the practice of professional engineering and land surveying.
Bureau of Automotive Repair
- This California State Agency regulates automotive repair facilities, and licenses lamp and brake inspection stations. Also implements California's Smog Check program.
Bureau of State Audits
- Provides access to current reports, employment opportunities, and related links.
California Community Care Licensing
- Licenses and oversees both day care and residential facilities for children and adults in the State of California. Provides information on selecting a facility.
California Department of Child Support Services
- Provides information about guidelines, procedures, programs, and available services.
California Department of Education
- Office web site for the California Department of Education which presents information about various programs of the department. Many valuable education links.
California Department of Health Care Services
- Official website for department which is part of the Health and Welfare Agency. Mission is to protect and improve the health of all Californians.
California Department of Industrial Relations
- Established to improve working conditions for California's wage earners, and to advance opportunities for profitable employment in California.
California Department of Insurance
- Provides information for insurance consumers, insurers, agents and brokers, including advice, regulations, news, reports and online forms.
California Department of Motor Vehicles
- California DMV Home Page is available for customers to check out publications, download forms, brochures, FAQs, Vehicle Information, Boats, Vessel, and Field Office Hours.
California Department of Real Estate
- Official site provides news and information for consumers, licensees, examinees and developers.
California Department of Social Services
- Serves, aids, and protects needy and vulnerable children and adults in ways that strengthen and preserve families, encourages personal responsibility, and fosters independence.
California Department of Technology Services
- Provides cost effective, large scale data processing and telecommunications services to state, county, federal and local government entities throughout California.
California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Latest highway conditions, maps, and links to regional weather reports.
California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Includes information about the Cal-Vet Loan program, the Veterans Homes, the Veterans Memorial, and other benefits and support for the state's veterans.
California Emergency Management Agency
- About Cal EMA, current information, earthquake preparedness, hazardous materials, information for emergency managers, maps, divisions, regions and partners, plans and publications.
California Energy Commission
- Facilitates access to data on energy production, consumption, conservation and use in California, as well as information on electricity deregulation, renewable energy and energy research.
California Environmental Protection Agency
- Cal/EPA is charged with developing, implementing and enforcing the state's environmental protection laws. Includes information about projects and legislation.
California Franchise Tax Board
- The department that collects state personal income taxes and bank and corporation taxes for the State of California. Access to forms and tax information.
California Government Organizations
- Links to government organizations in the state.
California Land Use Planning Network
- LUPIN (Land Use Planning Information Network) is an information service that supports and addresses California land use planning issues via the CERES web.
California Local Government Finance Almanac
- Data, statistics, analyses, and articles on California city and county finance.
- Winning numbers and game information.
California Natural Resources Agency
- Information and links relating to state parks, national parks, monuments, and preserves, and national forests within California, as well as California's biodiversity, coastal resources, cultural diversity, deserts, energy, forests, geology, plantlife, water, wetlands and wildlife.
California Secretary of State - Lobbying Activity
- Directory of lobbyists active in the State of California as compiled by the Secretary of State, searchable by name, firm, employer, or ID.
California Water Data Library
- Access to data and hydrographs for nearly 20,000 wells in groundwater basins throughout California from Department of Water Resources.
- Coordinates the development of an occupational information system that serves the needs of vocational education, employment and training programs and career guidance.
Children and Family Services Division
- Division of California Department of Social Services responsible for programs and services for families and children, providing a statewide system for care providers and appropriate services to children including adoption.
Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Provides information on state credentialing procedures, regulations, and examinations.
Contacts for Justice and District Attorneys
- This list of California District Attorneys may be useful if you have violations to report.
Delta Company 1/184th Infantry (AASLT)
- An anti-armor air assault infantry unit of the California Army National Guard.
Department of Aging
- Offers information about services for seniors, area agencies, current programs, legislation, and related links.
Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Provides licensing assistance and information as well as related legislation, forms, and updates.
Department of Conservation
- Works to safeguard farmland and open space resources; regulate oil, gas and geothermal wells; study and map earthquakes, landslides, and mineral resources; reclamation of land used for mining; and promote beverage container recycling.
Department of Consumer Affairs
- Consumer information and links to state consumer sites, federal consumer sites, and consumer organizations.
Department of Finance
- Provides information about the state budget, demographics, monthly financial bulletins, and related links.
Department of Fish and Game
- Enforcement, F and G Commission and Regulations, Fishing, Habitat Conservation, Hunting and Trapping, Information and Education Office, Just 4 Kids, Lands and Facilities, Licensing, Site Map, Statistics and Databases, Spill Prevention and Response, Threatened and Endangered Species.
Department of Food and Agriculture
- Official site providing information about state programs and services.
Department of General Services
- Offers access to state forms, services, publications, and agencies.
Department of Personnel Administration (DPA)
- Manages staffing, benefits, and labor relations for state agencies. Provides detailed policies and salary information.
Department of Social Services: Refugee Programs Bureau
- Who is a refugee? Obtain information on services and programs available to refugees in California. Listing of VOLAGS, MAAS, and county offices that provide social services to the refugee community.
Department of Water Resources
- Information about the state department managing water activities.
Directory of California Government Agencies
- Alphabetical list of links to state agencies.
Employment Development Department
- Administers the Job Service, Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, Workforce Investment Act, and Welfare-to-Work programs and handles the audit and collection of employment taxes and maintains employment records for more than 19 million California workers.
- Sponsors programs geared towards energy efficiency and conservation, sustainability, green building and green purchasing practices.
Health and Human Services Agency
- Offers information on agency programs and functions, including social services, emergency medical services, child support, mental health, and disability.
Municipal Management Association of Northern California
- Membership organization of local government management professionals located throughout the 40 counties of Northern California
Municipal Management Association of Southern California
- An organization composed of entry level and mid-management professionals representing local governments within a nine county area of Southern California.
Office of Traffic Safety
- Provides information related to the mission of reducing fatalities and losses through implementation of California highway safety initiatives. Includes information about current campaigns, safety statistics, and reports.
Public Entity Risk Management Authority (PERMA)
- Public agency which provides liability, workers' compensation, and other insurance coverage programs along with risk management services to cities and special districts.
Respiratory Care Board of California
- Protects and serves the consumer by enforcing the Respiratory Care Practice Act and its regulations, concerning the delivery and availability of services, and promotes professionalism of the practitioners.
State Water Resources Control Board
- Addresses water quality and rights regulation. Includes meeting details, laws, funding, watershed management, enforcement, citizen involvement, news and education.
Statistical and Data Tables - California Department of Public Health
- Provides data on California’s births, deaths, and demographics. Data are presented in various forms, geographic levels, and time periods.
Workers Comp Executive
- Covers issues relating to the state workers' compensation system, including regulations, legislation, court decisions, and fee schedules.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2015 at 1:31:05 UTC -