become an editor
the entire directory
only in San_Luis_Obispo/Science_and_Environment
San Luis Obispo
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: San Luis Obispo: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Central Coast: Science and Environment
California Native Plant Society - SLO County
- The SLO County chapter of an organization dedicated to the preservation and study of California's indigenous fauna. Includes list of environmental links.
- Thoughts and observations on the Carrizo Plain by Roy van de Hoek, a former Bureau of Land Management scientist who risked his career and dedicated his life to protecting the plain and educating others about its environment and wildlife.
Central Coast Salmon Enhancement
- A non-profit, volunteer corporation dedicated to the enhancement and restoration of the Central Coast salmon fishery and San Luis Obispo Creek. CCSE is devoted to community education about ecology and economy of these resources.
Coastal San Luis Resource Conservation District
- Working conservation district in San Luis Obispo County dedicated to enhancing and maintaining natural resources such as the Morro Bay watershed and Los Osos Creek wetlands reserve.
The Dunes Center
- A non-profit visitor, education, and research center that promotes conservation of the Guadalupe Dunes ecosystem and the rich culture and history of the community of Guadalupe.
Environmental Defense Center
- A nonprofit, public interest organization that provides legal, educational and advocacy support to advance environmental quality. Primarily serves San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
Friends of the Elephant Seal, Central Coast
- Teaches stewardship for the ocean and educates people about elephant seals at the colony at Piedras Blancas.
- Seeks to protect and enhance the ecological systems of the North Coast of San Luis Obispo County through land acquisition and management, public education and advocacy.
The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County
- Local organization working to set aside local lands for wildlife, recreation and farming. Biographies on trustees and staff, information on current projects, news, events, and information for landowners.
Morro Bay National Estuary Program
- An EPA-funded program to preserve and study the Morro Bay estuary and its watershed.
Morro Coast Audubon Society
- Based in Morro Bay, this chapter of the Audubon Society concerns itself with birds and other wildlife throughout San Luis Obispo County.
Pictures of San Luis Obispo County
- Digital photos of the SLO County area, including the restricted coastal area surrounding the Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant.
Point Sal National Seashore
- Photos and description of a wild confluence of mountain, dune and sea where San Luis Obispo County meets Santa Barbara County.
San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden
- Devoted to the display and study of the plants and ecosystems of the world's five Mediterranean climate zones.
Santa Margarita Community Forestry
- A volunteer organization promoting and supporting tree planting and care in Santa Margarita.
Sierra Club - Santa Lucia Chapter
- San Luis Obispo County's active local chapter of the national conservation organization.
- San Luis Obispo Parks, Open Space and Trails is a non-profit group fighting for the outdoor amenities that make up its name.
Surfrider Foundation - San Luis Bay Chapter
- Local chapter of a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world's waves, oceans, beaches for all people through conservation, activism, research, and education.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:12:29 AM EST -