become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: San Diego: Society and Culture: History
San Diego, City of
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Southern California: Society and Culture: History
Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture: History
Balboa Park History
- Articles by Richard Amero on the history of Balboa Park Expositions, San Diego City and County, as well as a variety of literary subjects.
Campo Community History
- From Diegueno Indians to the Gaskill Store's famous gunfight, to the 11th Cavalry at Camp Lockett.
Carlsbad: Rancho Agua Hedionda
- Don Juan María Marrón ruled Rancho Agua Hedionda in the 1840s. His 13,311 acres extended from the Pacific Ocean inland almost to Vista and from Carlsbad south of Encina Canyon.
Committee of One Hundred
- Dedicated to the Preservation of Spanish Colonial Architecture in San Diego's Balboa Park.
Gaslamp Black Historical Society
- Preserving San Diego's historic Harlem of the West.
Poway: A Historical Sketch
- Brief article.
San Diego Archaeological Center
- Museum with archaeological collections; educational and scientific programs; online virtual exhibits and digital library.
San Diego Health Reports and Documents
- Digital archive of data, statistics, reports, and documents on San Diego's health. Includes environment, air and water quality, crime, border health and disease.
San Diego Historical Society
- History of the San Diego region with timeline, history, books, photos, biographies, postcards, and over 50 years of articles from the Journal of San Diego History. Research Library and Museum of San Diego History information.
San Diego Mexican and Chicano History
- Academic credentials provide authoritative history from the first native people to the Kumeyaay, the Spanish Missions, the Mexican War, Repatriation, and the Lemon Grove Incident.
San Diego's Lifeguard Services
- Ocean lifeguard services in San Diego began in 1917, prompted by the drowning of 13 people on a single day at Ocean Beach. Lifeguards were assigned to guard the area around popular Wonderland Park.
San Pasqual Battlefield
- In December, 1846, nineteen U.S. soldiers and an unknown number of Californios lost their lives in the Battle of San Pasqual, in what is now San Diego County, California. The exact location of the battlefield, however, remains a mystery.
Save Our Heritage Organisation
- San Diego's SOHO is the oldest continually operating historic preservation organization in California. SOHO also runs the Whaley House Museum in Old Town San Diego.
Whaley House Museum
- Located in Old Town, San Diego. Completed in 1857, it was acclaimed as the "finest new brick block in Southern California." America's Most Haunted?
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 1, 2012 at 11:23:47 UTC -