become an editor
the entire directory
only in San_Diego/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: California: Counties: San Diego: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Southern California: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment
Air Pollution Control District
- Formed to protect the public from the harmful effects of air pollution. Includes mission statement, related links, and contact information.
Back Country Land Trust
- Seeks to preserve land in the back country area. Includes project details, mission statement, membership form, and contact information.
Bird Friends of Lake Murray and San Diego County
- Photos, sounds, and descriptions of local birds, descriptions of popular bird-watching spots, bird lifecycle information, bird search, and guestbook.
CERES - San Diego County
- An index to environmental information for the county. Includes reference includes road, weather, and flood conditions, demographics, historical resources, and maps.
EPA: Beach Advisory and Closing On-line Notification
- A program designed to strengthen U.S. beach water protection programs and water quality standards, better inform the public and promote scientific research. Includes historical data for county beaches.
The Palomar Audubon Society
- Conservation and restoration of the area's natural ecosystems. Includes mission statement, programs and events listings, field trips, conservation notes, and contact information.
Resource Conservation District of Greater San Diego
- Technical, financial and educational assistance to help both rural and urban communities conserve, protect, and restore natural resources. Contains resource listings, district description and information, related links and contact information.
River Valley Preservation Project
- Non-profit group acting to preserve wetlands and floodplains. Information about current concerns.
San Diego Bay Watersheds
- Serves as a testbed for developing technologies for computational ecology, and providing a suite of model simulation capabilities for the bay. Includes bay models and applications, San Diego Bay Bibliography search, history of the bay, and information about the Interagency Water Quality Panel.
San Diego Coastkeeper
- Dedicated to the principal that protecting California's precious coastal waters is the job of every citizen. Includes program listing, membership information, calendar of events, and listing of current cases in litigation.
San Diego National Wildlife Refuge Complex
- Includes information about wildlife refuges in the Tijuana Slough, Sweetwater Marsh, and South Bay.
San Diego Oceans Foundation
- Non-profit organization devoted to stewardship of the region's marine environment. News, articles, and programs, including Project Yukon.
San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Covers regional water quality and rights regulation, board meetings, laws, funding, watershed management, enforcement, citizen involvement, news and education.
San Diego Tracking Team
- Conducts wildlife monitoring and research, and offers outdoor and environmental education programs. Events, projects, and profiles of team members.
San Diego's Ocean
- Resource of links to oceanic data, including waves, water, weather, tides, surf cams, and maps. Provided by the director of Scripps Institution of Oceanography Library.
San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy
- Information about natural open space park planned for the San Dieguito River Valley. The park will someday extend from the ocean at Del Mar to Volcan Mountain, just north of Julian.
SANDAG: Shoreline Management
- Current projects, committee information and contacts, and related publications (PDF format).
Sierra Club: San Diego Chapter
- Serves both San Diego and Imperial Counties. Events calendar, environmental issues, newsletters, and groups.
Superfund Basic Research Program
- Includes mission, project descriptions, news, events, resource links, and contact information.
- Home of the Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve and the Tijuana Slough National Wildlife Refuge, located in Border Field State Park. Includes information about events, visitor center, and activities.
Volcan Mountain Preserve Foundation
- Includes history of the mountain, photos and descriptions of various areas, accomplishments and "to do" lists, and donation information.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 1:03:24 AM EDT -