become an editor
the entire directory
only in Los_Angeles/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Computer User Groups
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: California: Metro Areas: Los Angeles: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Southern California: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture
American Red Cross: Los Angeles Region
- Humanitarian organization provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. Features services, news and events.
- Volunteer group patrols the Santa Monica Mountains during periods of extreme fire weather conditions. Watch volunteers provide information to appropriate first-responders.
- Offers information about local French culture to francophones and francophiles. Lists events, resources, weblog and general information. Some content in French.
- A non-profit women's charity dedicated toward alleviating suffering of local children, due to disease, disability, abuse, neglect or poverty.
Foothill Unity Center
- Non-profit community support organization distributes food and provides services to very low-income families and individuals. Includes programs, services and announcements.
Goodwill Industries of Southern Los Angeles County
- Provides services to people with barriers to employment. Information on programs, thrift stores and donations.
Habitat for Humanity - Los Angeles
- Builds single family homes, multiple family housing and entire neighborhoods throughout the county. Includes projects and volunteer information.
Labor/Community Strategy Center
- Works to effect social change and promote progressive/left causes in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Non-profit group connects people with community garden space in their neighborhood. Includes news, events and directory.
Los Angeles County Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- Provides both federal and state money to non-profit agencies who assist low-income or homeless individuals and families.
Los Angeles Neighborhood Councils
- An alliance to foster communication among the various groups forming and operating neighborhood councils in all Los Angeles communities.
Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Information on non-profit food collection group, donation drop-off points and contact numbers provided.
Los Angeles Section, American Planning Association
- The Los Angeles Section offers resources, programs, awards, links, AICP certification and a forum for urban planning and real estate professionals in Southern California.
Los Angeles Slanguage
- Humorous dictionary of local slang words and expressions.
Los Angeles Trial Lawyers' Charities
- A non-profit organization founded, funded and maintained by attorneys. Primary focus is on education, children and the homeless.
- Non-profit organization offering a variety of programs and services in the San Fernando Valley, such as meals for the homebound, transportation, adult and child care.
PANIC: Peninsula Aircraft Noise Safety Information Committee
- A citizen group working to mitigate aircraft noise in the Palos Verdes Peninsula and South Bay areas of Los Angeles.
Peace Action Outreach of Greater Los Angeles
- Organizes in the city as the neighborhood branch of the national citizen's lobby for disarmament, non-intervention, and social justice. Includes message board and information about their Food Not Bombs program.
The Rose Hills Foundation
- Supports qualified tax-exempt charitable organizations for the benefit of the people of Southern California, with an emphasis on the San Gabriel and East Los Angeles area. Includes grant guidelines.
See Shop Eat Do: Los Angeles
- A lifestyle weblog by Whitney Cosgrave about food, fashion and what to do.
St. Vincent Meals on Wheels
- Prepares and delivers nutritious meals to homebound elderly and other vulnerable residents within a 43-square-mile target area of Los Angeles. Includes services, how to help, events, and newsletter.
Toastmasters District One
- Toastmasters for western LA County. Includes information about the organization and their local clubs.
Town Hall Los Angeles
- Non-profit presents speakers and events for discussion of issues and solutions from a nonpartisan viewpoint. Includes calendar, background and membership information.
Valley Nonprofit Resources
- Offers information, resources and services to strengthen non-profit organizations in the San Fernando Valley.
Volunteer Center of Los Angeles
- Non-profit service of the Assistance League of Southern California promotes volunteer opportunities throughout the county. Includes program descriptions and sign-up form.
- Nonprofit providing shelter, transitional housing, case management, chemical dependency services, education and employment support, and recuperative care. Includes program descriptions, how to obtain services, internship and volunteer opportunities, calendar, photographs, and resources on homelessness and poverty.
YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
- A non-profit community service organization with a central administrative office, 25 branches, and 6 camp sites.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 11, 2015 at 18:17:28 UTC -