become an editor
the entire directory
only in Los_Angeles/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Palos Verdes Estates
Regional: North America: United States: California: Metro Areas: Los Angeles: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Regions: Southern California: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment
Astronomy in Los Angeles
- Information primarily regarding area organizations related to space exploration. Includes astrophotos by Vivian Zee.
CERES: Los Angeles County
- California Environmental Resources Evaluation System provides road, weather, and flood conditions, demographics, maps, historical and cultural resources.
Children's Nature Institute
- Dedicated to educating kids to respect and appreciate the natural environment. Includes programs in parks throughout the county.
LA County: DPH Environmental Health
- County programs to identify, prevent, and control harmful environmental factors. Includes inspection results, food safety, housing, pest control, and ocean water quality.
LA County: DPW Environmental Programs Division
- County information includes trash collection, reduce, reuse, recycle, hazardous waste, yard waste, tire recycling, solid waste, illegal dumping, and youth education.
LA County: Solar Map
- Information about the benefits of installing solar photovoltaic to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as well as energy costs. Includes estimator using street address with high resolution imagery.
LA County: Weed Management Area
- Organization brings together landowners and managers in the county to coordinate efforts and expertise against invasive weeds. Includes publications, activities, projects and weeds of concern.
Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board
- State EPA information on water quality and rights regulation, board meetings, laws, funding, watershed management, enforcement, citizen involvement, news and education.
Named Summits of Los Angeles County
- List of summits with elevations and locations.
- Environmental information about the Palos Verdes Peninsula, including species protection for the Palos Verdes Blue Butterfly.
Resource Conservation District of the Santa Monica Mountains
- Provides education and leadership in the creation of programs to conserve and enhance the natural resources of the district and identifies natural resource issues. Includes news and program information.
San Gabriel Valley Energy Wise
- Offers resources and practical assistance to increase energy efficiency and conservation. Includes information for municipal, business and residential users.
Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission
- Addresses critical problems such as storm water and urban runoff pollution, habitat loss and degradation, and public health risks. Includes news, plans, programs and projects.
Santa Monica Mountains Trails Council
- Non-profit organization dedicated to establishing and maintaining the public trail system throughout the Santa Monica Mountains. Includes history, news and events.
Smart Business Recycling
- From the Department of Water and Power, this guide to recycling links to 350 recyclers. Includes tips to reduce trash and increase efficiency.
South Bay Environmental Services Center
- Clearinghouse for energy-efficiency information and resources. Serves the South Bay region, helping save water, energy, money, and the environment.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2014 at 13:17:28 UTC -