become an editor
the entire directory
only in Folk/Old-Time_Appalachian
Arts and Entertainment
Bands and Artists
Festivals and Workshops
Organizations and Associations
Arts: Music: Styles: B: Bluegrass
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: Clogging
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Appalachia: Arts and Entertainment: Music
Old-Time Herald Online
- Journal of Southern Appalachian string band music.
Appalachian Music of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Music service specializing in live performances and instruction in traditional Old Time instruments and string band music. Based in Pittsburgh PA.
Center for the Study of Southern Culture
- Interdisciplinary studies of all aspects of Southern music and culture at Ole Miss. in Oxford, Mississippi.
Fiddle Tunes of the Old Frontier
- A multi-format ethnographic field collection of traditional fiddle tunes performed by Henry Reed of Glen Lyn, Virginia.
- Fiddle player website made by fiddle players for fiddle players. Exchange tunes, news and events.
Field Recorders' Collective
- Group of collectors who have agreed to share their field recordings with the old-time community.
- Country music history from the barn dance to the Opry. Photographs, profiles, and discographies of hillbilly music artists, groups, and DJs.
- Pictures, descriptions, articles, classified ads, and history of vintage musical instruments.
Old Time Music and Dance
- Calendar of events, and directory of links.
- Great old-time page with a history of the music and lots of good links.
The Old-Time Music Home Page
- A site devoted to the preservation of American traditional music, especially the music of the Appalachian Mountain region. News, events, resources, directory and Hall of Fame.
Pamela Jo Hatley
- Official site of the songstress, guitarist and old-time banjoist. Song samples, CD ordering and email contact information.
Roots of American Fiddle Music
- Ahmet Baycu's site devoted to American Fiddle Tunes and Old-Time Music.
- The online home for string band music, players, and fans.
Sugar in the Gourd
- Features round-the-clock streaming old-time music, including Appalachian, string band, and balladry.
- Home pages of Jackson Creek String Band and musicians Katie and Joe Waller. Many links of interest to fiddlers and folk musicians.
Yahoo Old Time Music Club
- Club for old time musicians and music fans. Post and read news, views, events, notation, tablatures and links.
Usenet rec.music.country.old-time -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 16, 2015 at 6:24:05 UTC -