become an editor
the entire directory
only in Architecture/Historic_Buildings
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Periods and Styles
Arts: Architecture: History
This category in other languages:
National Register of Historic Places
- The official site provides a searchable database of properties on the Register, information on listing, virtual tours of historic sites, resources for teaching, and order form for its publications.
American Architecture: 1700 to 1799
- Some of the famous buildings of eighteenth-century America featured in Great Buildings Online: images, architects, commentary and sources.
American Jewish Sites Database
- The International Survey of Jewish Monuments provides a searchable database of information on historic Jewish sites in North America, including synagogues, cemeteries and houses.
American Landscape and Architectural Design, 1850-1920
- A collection of 2,800 lantern slides from the Harvard Graduate School of Design, housed by the Library of Congress. Views of cities, specific buildings, parks, estates and gardens.
The Architecture of Colonial New England and the Southern Colonies
- Lecture and bibliography by Valerie Ann Polino of Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute on the development of architecture in Colonial America.
Digital Archive of American Architecture
- Images of American architecture from 1620 to the present by Prof. Jeffery Howe of Boston College.
The Evolution of the American Front Porch
- A study by Scott Cook with illustrations and a bibliography. Covers its origins, stylistic evolution, history and cultural significance.
Historic American Building Survey and Historic American Engineering Record
- An index of architectural and engineering sites organized by state, some with images from the Library of Congress.
The Lustron Connection
- Ron Allen presents a history, registry and photograph gallery of Lustron steel homes built in the US between 1949 and 1950 for returning servicemen.
Mission 66 Visitor Centers
- Christine Madrid discusses and illustrates the visitor centers built in US national parks 1956-1966 as examples of early modern, distinctly American architecture.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:25:07 PM EDT -