become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Health: Conditions and Diseases
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Society: Issues: Disabilities
Aid for Adoption for Special Kids
- Dedicated to finding permanent, loving homes for children with special needs by providing services in adoption, specialized foster care and family support.
American Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) Association, Inc.
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to funding research on fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
Arc of Arizona
- Services include residential programs, day programs, supported work programs and job training, family supports, Arc sponsored conferences and workshops, resource / information and advocacy, for children and adults with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities.
Arizona Association of the Deaf
- Arizona Association of the Deaf serving and advocating deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, and oral-deaf in the state of Arizona.
Arizona Bridge to Independent Living (ABIL)
- Offers and promotes programs designed to empower people with disabilities to take personal responsibility so they may achieve or continue independent lifestyles within the community.
Arizona Center For The Blind and Visually lmpaired
- Services are available to adults who are either legally blind or visually impaired as well as those who have a degenerative eye condition which may eventually become a visual impairment.
Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Improves the quality of life for deaf and hard of hearing residents by serving as a referral and information source for them as well as other consumers, legislators, government agencies and businesses.
Arizona Rehabilitation Services
- Works with individuals with disabilities to achieve increased independence and/or gainful employment through the provision of rehabilitative and employment support services.
Arizona Talking Book Library
- Services include loaning braille and recorded books and magazines, as well as the necessary equipment to play the recorded publications.
- Supports people with disabilities within the state and makes efforts to assure their inclusion in mainstream society. Includes membership information, events details, and related links for educators.
Foundation for Blind Children
- Provides services to blind and visually impaired persons of all ages.
Henry Occupational Therapy Services Inc.
- Occupational and sensory integration therapy services as well as workshops and tools for parents and teachers.
Institute for Human Development at Northern Arizona University
- A resource for educators, students, service providers, agency personnel, and individuals with disabilities and their families.
Special Olympics Arizona
- Local Special Olympics Organization information and contact list.
Sun Sounds Radio Reading Service
- Provides audio access to information to people in the Southwest who cannot read print because they have a disability. Lists stations, events, resources, and programs.
United Cerebral Palsy of Central Arizona
- Strives to advance the independence, participation and full citizenship of people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 22, 2015 at 12:25:49 UTC -