become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tucson/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Arizona: Localities: T: Tucson: Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Arizona: Counties: Pima: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Arizona: Society and Culture
A New Hope For Tucson Foundation Inc
- A non-profit organization providing transitional housing to homeless adult men. Includes newsletter, locations and photo gallery.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tucson
- Local chapter of the nation's oldest and largest youth mentoring organization. Details programs and events, volunteer opportunities, and meet kids in need.
Casa de los Niños
- Focused on the prevention and intervention of child abuse, through shelter care for children aged infant to 11 years old. Includes information on programs and events, links, parenting tips, and bibliography of resources.
Child & Family Resources
- Organization that improves the well-being of Arizona's children and families through programs that strengthen child care, youth and families. Describes the organization and programs.
Community Food Bank
- Providing food service to over 400 social service agencies, schools, and churches. Includes publications, hunger facts, information on planned giving, and directory of agencies.
Family History Land
- Genealogy bookstore and research services for clients, offering classroom instruction services for do-it-yourselfers. Includes a mail-order catalog.
Jewish Family and Children's Service of Southern Arizona, Inc.
- Serving people of all religions, races and ethnicities since 1941. Features sections on their counseling and support services, elderly and disabled persons programs, and covers issues like refugee resettlement and the Holocost.
National Guardianship Association
- Provides educational, training, and networking opportunities for professionals and others interested in guardianship, and protective services. The terms are explained, and membership information is provided.
- Local hub for the international activist movement. Includes general assembly minutes, upcoming events, live stream video, downloadable flyers, forum, information on donations.
Old Pueblo Community Services
- A nonprofit organization helping temporarily dysfunctional people, providing job training, transitional housing and re-entry programs, in addition to building low-income housing.
- Native American housing assistance, training, construction management and technical assistance.
- Provides opportunities to help people transition from poverty to greater well-being and security. Describes programs, services, staff, advocacy and events.
Shadow Hills Homeowners' Association
- Includes covenants, conditions and restrictions; names, phone numbers, and email links to board members, committee chairs, and their property management company; answers to frequently asked questions, and news.
The Arc of Tucson
- A nonprofit group that works to see that all people with mental retardation, or developmental disabilities get the chance to make their own choices about where and how they live, work and participate in their communities.
Therapeutic Riding of Tucson
- A non-profit organization providing horseback riding for individuals with special needs. Includes staff profiles and information about volunteering.
Tucson Downtown Alliance
- Non-profit organization created to implement the downtown area with enhanced security, maintenance, marketing, and advocacy. Includes neighborhood walking tour information.
Tucson Estates Property Owners Association Inc
- An age restricted manufactured home community governed by the association. Includes board of directors, agendas and minutes.
Tucson Gospel Rescue Mission
- Shelter and services for homeless individuals and families in Tucson, Arizona.
Tucson Jewish Community Center
- Includes a staff directory, program details, membership information, location, and hours of operation.
Tucson Peace Center
- Puts out the Tucson Peace Calendar and hosts the annual Peace Fair. Lists events, articles, and other organizations.
Tucson Urban League, Inc.
- Organization that assists in the achievement of social and economic equality through advocacy, race relations, programs and assistance. Describes the organization and its programs.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:59:54 PM EDT -