become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Native_Culture
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northwest: Society and Culture: Native Americans
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Inuit
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Tribes, Nations and Bands: G: Gwich'in
Agayuliyararput: Our Way of Making Prayer
- The first exhibition of Native Alaskan Yup'ik material presented from a Yup'ik perspective. Includes photos of the masks, lessons learned, and audios and videos.
Alaska Native Knowledge Network
- Designed to serve as a resource for compiling and exchanging information related to Alaska Native knowledge systems and ways of knowing.
Alaska Native Language Center
- Center for the study of Eskimo and Northern Athabaskan languages at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. ANLC works to document and promote the twenty Native languages of Alaska.
Alaska Native Villages
- Features information and maps on the tribes, development corporations, and regionally-organized links.
Alaska Native/Native American Bibliography
- Present day circumstances of Alaska Native societies as a part of the social, historical, and political fabric of the United States.
Alaska Natives Online
- Tlingit and Haida resource page with information on current events, culture, and history.
An Alutiiq Dance
- Each fall, after the end of salmon fishing and the berry harvest, the Alutiiq people of southern coastal Alaska held a series of festivals and spiritual ceremonies. Description of a dance and photos of art.
- Information about the museum, the Alutiiq language, and Kodiak's cultural history.
Always Getting Ready
- Describes the Yup'ik Eskimo and their land with James H. Barker photographs of their annual subsistence cycle.
The Arctic Studies Center
- Native people, scholars, and museum associates work together on a broad range of research. Includes art and cultural history.
- Provides information for and about the history and culture as pertaining primarily to the Dena'ina of upper Cook Inlet. features editorial opinions, news archive, memorials, and photos.
Dig Afognak Archaeological Expedition
- A participatory archaeological field camp in Alaska on Afognak Island. Learn about the prehistoric and historic lifeways of the Alutiiq people and the landscape that shaped their lives and culture.
The Gwich'in of Alaska and Canada
- The people of the caribou occupy the southern slopes of the Brooks Range, brief history, photo, map, traditional management practices, and international caribou agreement.
Huna Heritage Foundation
- To perpetuate Huna culture and promote education for present and future generations of Huna People.
Language Map and Index
- Map listing the different areas of Alaskan Native languages.
A Primer on Alaska Native Sovereignty by Douglas K. Mertz
- Native legal claims to the sovereign right to control their own communities and their own tribal members.
The Russian Church and Native Alaskan Cultures
- Dr. Vyacheslav Ivanov, one of the foremost linguists of our day, reviews and evaluates the Alaskan Russian Church Archives.
Second "We the People" Alaska Native March
- March for recognition of native rights. Photos from May 5, 1999, in Anchorage.
Smithsonian Institution - Alaska Native Collections
- Mask from the lower Yukon River of Alaska, represents one way that Alaskan native peoples honor the animals on which they depend.
To Philly, From Alaska w/love
- Daily life from inside the a traditional Native Alaskan Eskimo village. Subsistence hunting remains fundamental to survival.
Tradition and Transcendance in Russian America
- (Re)constructing identity in the ancient world. An archaeological approach to identity in colonial contexts. Scholars have argued that the Alutiiq of the Kodiak archipelago have been present as a north Pacific indigenous culture for the last 7,000 years.
William J. Fisher Collection
- Heritage and Identity of the Alutiiq People. The exhibition is being researched and planned at the Arctic Studies Center in Anchorage, in partnership with the Alutiiq Museum in Kodiak.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 22, 2015 at 3:13:01 UTC -