become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Alaska: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Access Alaska - Fairbanks
- Promoting a society where persons with disabilities can live and work independently in the community of their choice.
Alaska Center for Children and Adults
- ACCA Speech/Language Clinic is staffed by nationally certified Speech/Language Pathologists holding the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence and a Master's or higher degree. Patients range from age 3 to geriatric and may be seen as outpatients in the clinic or in their own home.
Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Home of the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services website.
Alaska Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Business enterprise program, disability determination services, procurement preference list, resources, links, visual impairment, and blindness.
Alaska Mental Health Board
- State agency charged with planning and coordinating mental health services funded by the State of Alaska. The AMHB is an advocate for mentally ill Alaskans.
Alaska's Young Family Network
- A home for families and professionals who want to work as partners to improve services for children who have mental disorders.
Center for Community - Sitka
- A regional provider of home and community based rehabilitation services.
DRM Regional Resource Directory: Alaska
- Links to nonprofit organizations and government agencies serving people with disabilities in Alaska.
- A new State of Alaska program designed to ensure that children and teens of both working and non-working families can have the health insurance they need.
Disability Law Center of Alaska
- Increasing the understanding of rights and responsibilities of consumers, legal professionals, service providers, families and advocates throughout Alaska.
Family Village -- Alaska Resources
- Information, resources, communication opportunities for persons with disabilities.
Hope Community Resources Inc
- Providing services and support for disabled individuals in the state of Alaska.
- Contact information for disability resources.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta Information
- My name is Carone Sturm, I live in Fairbanks Alaska, and my son, Jojo, has osteogenesis imperfecta.
Quota International of Anchorage
- Community service organization serving the hearing and speech impaired and disadvantaged women and children. Meeting schedules, forum and chat room.
- Special education and related services needs. Needed services and placement based on the child's unique needs and not on the child's disability.
Special Education Service Agency
- A public agency which provides assistance to Alaskan school districts and early intervention programs serving students with low incidence disabilities.
The Arc of Anchorage
- Promotes community integration and quality of life for children and adults who experience developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, or deafness. Information on the organization, publications, and contact information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 7, 2010 1:54:09 PM EDT -