become an editor
the entire directory
only in Anchorage/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Alaska: Localities: A: Anchorage: Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Alaska: Society and Culture
Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Cultural history center for the Alaskan Native that is preserving knowledge handed down from generation to generation.
Abused Women's Aid in Crisis
- A shelter. Programs and services, education, events, volunteer details, and links.
Alaska Baptist Family Services
- A not-for-profit Christian ministry providing residential childcare and counseling on behalf of the Alaska Baptist Convention. Includes services, mission, history, and a gallery tour.
Alaska Humanities Forum
- Grant information, programs, newsletter, events, contact information.
Alaska Linux User's Group
- News, event calendar, mailing list, Linux resources, links, Installfest volunteers, and site statistics.
Alaska Sisters in Crime
- The Alaska Chapter of Sisters in Crime an international organization founded in 1986 to promote the professional development and advancement of women writing crime fiction. Includes a reading list and news.
Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association
- A list of services, details on fundraisers and contact information.
Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Making Anchorage a better place to live.
Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd.
- A non-profit organization providing supplemental clean and safe services to the Downtown Improvement District and contributing to the vitality of the community. Includes community information and events.
Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
- Christian nonprofit providing adult shelter, men's recovery program, computer training, and spiritual guidance. Has links to computer student web sites, donation needs and newsletter.
Anchorage International Rotary Club
- District 5010. Provides club and meeting information, directors, photo journals, resources, newsletter and a calendar of events.
Anchorage Senior Activity Center
- A gathering place with opportunities for recreation, education, socializing and exploration. Presents activity information and FAQ.
Anchorage South Rotary
- District 5010. Provides club and meeting information, directors, speakers, photo journals, resources, news and a calendar of events.
Bayshore Owners Association
- Association consisting of 454 homes comprised of Bayshore West Subdivision Units 1, 2, and 3, and Stephandale Park. Consists of information on activities, the neighborhood, and programs.
Bridge Builders of Anchorage
- Organization which promotes cultural diversity among all racial and cultural groups. Features the honorees for being selected by their communities for outstanding community service and upcoming events.
- A non-partisan public policy forum about critical issues. Includes information on study groups, programs, reports, and newsletters.
Cook Inlet Tribal Council
- Provides social, educational and employment services to Alaska Natives and Native Americans living in the Cook Inlet region. Includes news and events.
Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 4207
- Includes group information including officer list, events calendar, and newsletter.
Green Star Inc.
- A nonprofit working with schools, businesses and government to encourage environmentally sound practices.
- Promotes hope and solutions for recovery to individuals, families and communities affected by addiction, and the freedom of non-addictive lifestyles. Includes FAQ and testimonials.
Lutheran Social Services of Alaska
- Agency program information, resources, and volunteer information.
Nine Star Education & Employment Services
- A non-profit organization dedicated to developing the workforce through quality education surrounding literacy, job readiness and professional development.
Rotary Club of Anchorage
- District 5010. Includes club and meeting information, manuals, programs, committees and a calendar of events.
Rotary Club of Anchorage East
- District 5010. Includes club and meeting information, committees, services, projects and a calendar of events.
VFW Post 9981
- List of officers, pages from the Auxiliary and Chaplain, details about their events, and contact information.
Victims for Justice
- Serves victims of violent crime and the survivors of victims of homicide. Features information on services, victims rights, events, and calendar.
- Creates local programs in health, finance, youth development, social justice, and leadership and empowerment. Provides general information on women's health, youth development, finances, and empowerment.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 28, 2012 at 7:15:06 UTC -