become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: North America: United States: Alabama
Alabama Department of Archives and History
- Information on Alabama - history, genealogy, references, teacher resources, and links.
- Article from the Columbia Encyclopedia. Hyperlinked to more information.
- A quarterly history magazine that explores Alabama's past with articles about the people, places and events that helped shape the history of Alabama and the South. Includes photos, subscription information and contact.
Alabama Historical Commission
- The mission is to foster an awareness of the value of historic structures, sites, and objects that reflect the heritage of all Alabamians and to facilitate the preservation and documentation of these resources for the use, enjoyment and education of present and future generations.
Alabama Historical Societies
- Locate address information (including web site links) to historical societies in each county within the state of Alabama.
Alabama Poorhouse History
- Features tenant-houses for paupers. Includes records, photos, cemeteries and contacts.
Alabama Population Changes
- Includes a list of Alabama counties, the 1990 census count with the 1995 estimate and percentage of change.
Alabama Research at The Records Room
- Locate resources (online, print, CD-Rom, lookups and addresses) for vital records in each county within the state of Alabama. Also search by year or hire professionals to speed up your research.
- The journal of record of Alabama history and of the Alabama Historical Association.
Alabama Women's Hall of Fame
- Located at Judson College in Marion. Includes inductees, announcements, nomination details and contacts.
Auburn University Archives And Manuscripts
- Records related to Alabama experimental agriculture and rural life, the history of aviation, politics, Civil War and reconstruction.
Dothan Landmark Park
- 100-Acre Turn-of-the-Century (1900) Living History/Natural Science Museum.
James Shepherd Freeman
- Bio of the World War II hero and Admiral. Son of Alabama millionaire James Stanley Freeman.
Pickett's History of Alabama
- From Desoto to the first legislature.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 8:45:12 UTC -