become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alabama/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Alabama: Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
National Audubon Society
Recreation: Birding: North America: United States: Alabama
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Alabama Chapter of the Sierra Club
- Includes annual retreats, current activities, how to join, local groups, Alabama lawmakers, links of interest and contact information.
Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition
- Works to improve air quality, increase energy security, and enhance economic development in the region.
Alabama Coastal Cleanup
- Annual event. Lists sponsors, cleanup zones, and times.
Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- ADEM administers all major federal environmental laws, including the Clear Air, Clean Water and Safe Drinking Water acts and federal solid and hazardous waste laws.
Alabama Environmental Council
- A statewide, non-profit, citizen-led organization committed to the protection and enhancement of our state's natural resources and environment.
Alabama Farmers Federation (ALFA)
- Provides farm and agriculture information for rural areas. Includes publications and membership details.
Alabama Live's State Parks Page
- Features information about outdoor attractions, covered bridges and welcome centers. Includes special interest links, park and recreation sites and a clickable image map.
Alabama People against a Littered State (PALS)
- Partnership comprised of state and local governments, civic groups, the law enforcement community, business and industry, and individuals. Includes information about programs, events, and sponsors.
Alabama Rivers Alliance
- Non-profit organization working to protect clean, healthy waters. Includes history, programs, staff and contact information.
Alabama Water Watch
- A statewide, citizen volunteer water quality monitoring program. Includes water data, information about the association and its citizens groups.
Alabama Wildlife Federation
- Promotes the conservation of Alabama's wildlife and related natural resources through wise use and responsible stewardship of our wildlife, forests, fish, soils, water, and air.
Bama Environmental News
- A resource for environmental and statewide news. Includes archived editions and links to most of Alabama's newspapers, radio's and TV stations.
Cahaba River Society
- Founded in 1988 and was formed in an effort to help preserve the last free-flowing river in Alabama. Includes information on this waterway and tells how this group is monitoring and enjoying the river.
Checklist of the Amphibians and Reptiles of Alabama
- Complete checklist with scientific and English names.
Dog River Watershed
- A project maintained by students at the University of South Alabama who are studying problems related to water quality. Includes project reports and research.
- Posts GPS coordinates for use in the outdoors, starting with the Sipsey Wilderness Area in the Bankhead National Forest in northwest Alabama.
Geological Survey of Alabama
- Official site for agency gathering data on natural resources and conducting basic and applied research. Links and news.
- Listing of environmental organizations in Alabama.
Nature Conservancy Alabama Chapter
- Together with members and conservation partners, The Nature Conservancy has protected over 110,000 acres of critical natural lands in Alabama. Includes contact details, protected places, field trips, events, press releases and volunteer information.
North Alabama Wildflowers and Native Plants
- Descriptions and photographs of common wildflowers and other native plants of North Alabama.
Robinsong Ecological Resources
- Natural resources management consultants specializing in wetland mitigation banking, wildlife habitat, and watershed assessment, design and restoration.
- A non-profit environmental law firm defending National Forests, public lands, endangered species, and protection of waters, wetlands and coastal areas by enforcing the environmental laws through citizen action.
Wildflowers of Alabama
- Includes information about flowers, their common name, Latin name, seasonal index, slide show, searchable database, links and photographs.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 1:43:05 PM EST -